Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating out on Fridays with co-workers

So I am a teacher and work is starting in a couple of weeks. I am 9 days post op now but back to work soon has me questioning what I'm going to do. We eat in school Monday-Thursday but we all usually go out to eat on Fridays to enjoy getting out of the building.

We frequent local places in town such as:

Wendy's

Quiznos

McDonalds

The local diner

local Pizzeria

okay, please help me...what do i get to eat..I dont really want to say no to going out but very scared to get the wrong thing.

The diner would be the easiest with a big menu and diet delight but what about the other places.

ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS would be greatly appreciated. Thanks A Million!!!! Cara

If your diet has progressed it should be much easier... Wendy's: their chili is delicious they have good salads but watch the calories!... Quiznos: sorry no help have never been a huge fan I guess you could try Soup...McDonalds: I get a chicken nuggett happy meal with apples or their salads are good (grilled chicken of course!)... Local diner: I get grilled chicken or hamburgers minus the bread a lot ask for a side of veggies rather than fries... Pizza: somedays I can do thin crust.

Hope this gives u a few ideas.

Any one of them has salad choices. Or try to split a chicken sandwich with someone. Broiled chicken w/out the bread. Nothing but Water to drink.

Some of the choices I pick are: Wendy's - small chili is great. pizza place - side order of meatballs. quiznos - i get the flat bread sandwich and usually don't eat the flatbread, just the insides. :rolleyes: diner - greek salad. WOW! I need to start bringing lunch to work, I eat out way too much! :blink: LOL!

At Wendy's I get the plain baked potato (it comes with margerine and nonfat sour cream so you can control how much you use) and a small version of one of their salads - they have a really good low-fat or non-fat raspberry vinaigrette dressing.

I remember how scary it was at the very beginning, going out and now knowing what you were going to be able to tolerate well. And being afraid of having a stuck episode in pulbic. Just remember to chew chew chew and try one type of food before you go on to the next so you can tell for sure which food are going down well.

Good luck!

You are all the best!!! Thanks so much!! Keep em coming!!!!!

For the Local Diner I would ask about a cold plate or tuna, chicken, or egg salad.

Wendy's a small Chili, salad but stay lo cal or fat free on the dressing.

The rest of those places, I don't eat at.

But, you can always go on line, and look at their Menu, and start writing down

some possibilities !

Hope that helps, Shirley.

Hello,

Wendys~ I love their chili, it's delicious, nutritious and band friendly. I had some on Friday.

Pizza~ I eat the top of a piece of pizza and a small amount of the rolled end of crust.

I do well with chicken nuggets. The diner should have Soup, try to get one with Protein and not veggies only. I do eat salads w/ meat and cheese, I eat the Protein primarily and less of the vegetables. Do you have a Taco Cabana? If so, I get the cabana bowl minus the fried tortilla shell and eat Beans, meat, salad, rice, slasa.... in it. I am OK with one hard taco, one tostada or one enchilada. I had a chicken strip kids meal at Whataburger today. I ate one and a quarter strips and about 1/4 of a small order of fries.

Good luck!

Joan

Once I get to the appropriate phrase for it I am going to have to try this Wendy's chili everyone keeps talking about.........lol! Laughing to keep from crying with this darn liquid diet!!! :huh:

I hate Wendy's Chili. I would get the baked potato.