Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New - Just Attended a Local Seminar

Hey all :)

My name is Dani and I am a Lap Band virgin! Haha. I'm a 21 year old college student/part time worker, and I finally attended my very first Lap Band seminar this evening, with my mom.

That said, I am extremely excited (to say the least). I've been researching the LB for the past few years, and always considered it an option for myself. Unfortunately, I didn't have much support from family or friends up until this point. With my mom recently suffering from cardiac complications due to high blood pressure and constant stress, and I dealing with my own numerous health problems (PCOS, depression, muscle pain, etc.) in addition to our obesity, we decided to take the plunge.

Within the next week we'll be consulting with the surgeon that we met this evening, which will hopefully *fingers crossed* be followed by a few weeks/months of extensive testing, pre-op dieting, and the like.

Hi Dani,

I wish I had had the lap band as an option 20+ years ago. You are smart to find ways to arrest and turn around your obesity at a young age. Do your research, go to more seminars and get really educated on the band. Read the blogs and know the risks. And, understand that it can be slow early on so manage your expectations. I found that reading blogs start to finish and following the bloggers entire weight loss experience was really helpful.

I have had the band 3 months. And have only lost 18 pounds. The band really didn't start working until I got my last fill. So, from the time I got my band until now. I have just been eating what I wanted but not going crazy. I can really feel the difference now because my appetite is greatly diminished. I am not so sure I am feeling restriction yet. But, I am really afraid of over eating at this point. So, I feel like it is going well and I look forward to losing the rest.

Sometimes family & friends really don't understand your struggle so they are not always the best support. This sight is great for support. Also, get yourself an alias on Facebook and follow lapbanders there as well. There is a lot of support on FB!!!(I am Vu Carre Lap Band Journey on FB)

Best wishes to you and your mom!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches