Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February talk time.

Okay...going crazy with this whole webpage/blog thing. I added info about the lapband and added a food diary. I haven't been very good about writing things down lately...which translates as I haven't been very good I guess. Going to try and keept he food diary updated on the webpage, anyone want to take bets on how long that lasts? LOL

I bought the fitday PC and have been keeping track of my calories and I'm having trouble getting to 1000. I have added a carnation instant Breakfast in to get the calories and Protein. It is weird -- I've never had this trouble before. LOL!!! :) I don't feel like I am TOO tight or too loose. I like it I guess. I have never had restriction before, so it is hard to tell if this is what I should be experiencing. I see Diane (the nutritionist) next week and we'll see how much I've lost. I can drink a lot too after my fill. It has been almost 2 weeks now. I can drink a lot but really can't eat alot. It has been a lot easier than before not to eat-- but I am still in this weird stage where I feel like I don't know what I am doing.

It has been a lot easier than before not to eat-- but I am still in this weird stage where I feel like I don't know what I am doing.

Sounds to me like you know what you are doing. Don't over think it. Track your food intake. That's good! Drink your Water. That's very good! Watch the weight come off. That's the BEST! You are doing fine!

That is where I think my problem is not tracking my food qty. So I am sure my calories are off. I need to measure again....

I think I can eat too much right now....but if I am still loosing I guess I am not going to complain to much.

Hi girls,

I think I might have broke or sprained my foot really bad today. This really sucks because I have no time to sit with my foot up!! My Grandmother is landing at 4:20 tomorrow and this house is a desaster! I am going to take it easy tonight. I really wanted to go to chior tonight, but I desided to put the foot up. I'll go to the Dr. tomorrow if it still feels like this. 3 tylenols seemed to help so maybe it's not to bad.

I did make my Walmart presurg trip. That always comforts me. I brought a zipper bathrobe and some cute socks, what the heck.

Ok I'm off to see what Lucy is doing and then rest. Have a good night.

Ok we have be silent for a couple of days...I know I have too but I have been having some problems and we are all still sick...so needless to say last night I was in bed and asleep @ 8:30 last night. How bad is that. :faint:

I am so excited about seeing everyone tomorrow....

Have a great friday..I have a long weekend we are off on monday and I just love 3 day weekends!!!!!

TGIF!!!!!!

Dianne, how is your foot/ankle?

Kim, I'm glad you're feeling better.

Court, sounds like you're doing fine, but what to I know?

Kathy, sounds like you're doing OK.

Anyone heard from Angie yet on her fill?

Who am I missing?

I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow! I think I've posted that 3 times in the last 2 days :)

Ankle is sprained. I am feeling much better though. I took tylenol with codene and threw up 5 times! OH that wasn't fun!

Off to bed...see you tomorrow morning.

It was great seeing everyone yesterday....I so love our time together.

Went to the urgent care and my foot is badly sprung. I have one of those pretty shoes and crutches. Gotta love that. The made me feel really good: the dr said I am hardly ever wrong but radiology will read the x-ray monday just in case I missed something. Gee Thanks. I don't like women doctors. I know I am weird I just don't like them.....UGH!!!!!

Ok so yesterday was spent laying on the couch w/ the foot up and hubby helping me. Boy that was nice....might have to do this again. NOT...

Melissa you girls are just great....You know we should plan a picnic this summer out at a park. I know of a few really good ones near me but we could find something in the middle. Get all the families together. It would be fun. Thoughts???? Of course when it's warmer and it's nice out....

Ok so ya'll have a great rest of the weekend. We are taking Curtis to see Cuirous George today...he is excited he hasn't been to the movies before. We are getting ready to leave for the early service so we can get there early.

Happy Sunday everyone...chat later.

Oh Corut it was great to meet you hope we didn't scare you to bad!!! :confused:

Thanks, I just hope star got to feel apart of the adult conversation with Karah chatting her ear off about everything. Not sure I want to bring Kristen anymore, geez food police at full force!

I love the idea of a picnic...that would be fun. Maybe we can even con hubbies into coming?....or is that going to be pushing it...it would take some conviencing on my part for my hubby I'm sure LOL.

We sold a little over 100 boxes of Cookies yesterday at the booth from 1-5...boy were we cold it was OUTSIDE, bilo wouldn't let us set up in the breeze way like Harris teeter does...sigh.

I had a great time meeting you all yesterday! I am so excited to have faces to put with names! I am really glad to have found you all-- until yesterday, I had never met anyone else who had the lapband... only talked online. It was awesome to feel like I was not alone in this. I guess that what "support" groups are all about, no? :confused:

I really had a nice time yesterday. I didn't know how much I missed seeing you guys. Melissa, Karah was so adorable and I enjoyed her conversation too. Oh, I just finished my Cookies and wish I had another box (not). Looking forward to our next meeting. Everyone take care.

Hello everybody,

I am very sorry that I did not get to come yesterday. I do really want to meet all of you.

I kind of need your help with something though, I know that sounds weird coming from someone that you hardly know. You hear of others going through things, and you really do care and pray for them, but when it comes home, it's very different.

I have a very special prayer request and I hope that even though I don't really know you, that you can spread the word for me and ask anyone and everyone that you know to pray for my Mama. I believe and have seen for myself that God puts people in our lives for a reason, and maybe this is a part of why he is letting me get to know you all.

I just found out Friday that my mother has cancer. It is a very rare kind of cancer and I don't know if you've ever heard of it or not. But, it is called Paget's Disease of the Vulva. She has had problems with bleeding even though she's already been through menopause, but she had a surgery, a D&C, and an ablation to check for uterine cancer and nothing was found. When she went back to the doctor the Friday before last, she mentioned that she had a place "down there" and the doctor did a biopsy. It came back that she did have this "Paget's Disease" there. Most of the time this cancer is confined, but in 20% of the cases, it can mean that there is cancer somewhere else. She is still bleeding, and her doctor has no idea why she could still be bleeding after an ablation. So, I am very concerned about that 20%. Jimmy keeps telling me that that means 80% don't have it anywhere else, but you know me! I'm a worrier if there's ever been one!

I do know that God is complete control, and is already working things out for us. She has to go to either Duke or the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and the earliest she has been able to get an appointment was March 16th. But, my mother has a very close friend whose mother also had this disease, and they have gotten in contact with the people at Duke. The lady who coordinates everything there called my mother TODAY, on Sunday, to let her know that she would get her in sometime this week! This is a prime example of how God puts certain people in our lives for a reason. It simple cannot be a coincidence that my mother met her friend years ago, and now has the same rare cancer that her mother had. It is such a blessing that we do not have to wait until March 16th.

I know that I don't know any of you in "real life," but it would mean so much to me if you would pray for my Mama. If you have a prayer list at church, please put her on it. You may remember that she's been living away from her own home and my Daddy for about a year and four or five months because she took care of her mother who had kidney cancer and now her father who is blind from two strokes. Please remember my Daddy and me too, if you can. Thank you all so much! I really appreciate you all. (Her name is Vicki Goble)

Denika

Denika,

I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. She will be in my prayers and I hope everything goes well with her. Keep us updated on how she is.

I had a great time yesterday as well. Thank you all for having Soup with me I so appreciate it. :confused: Can't wait until the 1st of April. My chest isnt burning as bad today, so lets hope it just goes away and I keep my 2 cc's. :cake: That would rule. I will be done with my liquid stage and on to the mushies. I am down to 174.2 today! I love it. :cake:

Angie

Denika, so sorry to hear about your mom....I really hope she is in the 80%.

Angie, congrats on the weightloss...I'm hoping the scale moves this week for me....I refused to get on yesterday and today...living in denial. LOL