Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February talk time.

Diane,

I guess I'm so new that I don't know your story. Do you mind sharing it with me? If you don't want to, I completely understand.

I don't ever get to read anywhere else but on this forum, so could you all tell me what they've been saying? Or, where to go to read it? Thank you so much!

Good morning.

Denika-I have a leak in my band and also in my port. The band looks to me to be pretty big. I could see the dye coming right out of it pretty darn fast. I was feeling fine, but getting hungrier. Some of it was PMS and Clifford coming, but most of it was real. So I have to go back in and have the whole thing over again. This is very unusual

I am getting a little concerned because I have been feeling great but the day before yesterday my port area started hurting quit a bit. It almost feels like the whole area is swollen. It could just be from lifting something to heavy. The puppy isn't 5 pounds yet so I dought it's her little fault! Oh she is sooooo cute! Maybe I'll bring her on the 18th for you all to meet. She can nap in the car while were eating.

Kim how are things going?

Karen any news on your surgery yet?

Melissa I may have to buy some cookies!! I love those! I have to see when my date is then I'll let you know.

Angie how are you?

Sherry where are you?

Everyone else I didn't forget you how are you doing?

Ok I'm off to clean the house before the cleaning lady comes! go figure! Then the magazine has a lunch this afternoon. Oh I went to Chico's yesterday and brought 3 shirts that were on sale 2 size 3 1 size 2! I can't believe I could buy anything in Chico's. I walked in there thinking these sales people are wondering what is this fat lady doing in here...I fouled myself and it sure felt great. I wonder if I will ever get those thoughts out of my head, or will we always thing we are big even when were small sizes. I can't wait to see!!!

Have a good day, love you guys

Everything is going alright. I have an intestinal virus and it is kicking my butt!!! I feel like crap. :phanvan I will survive. Everyone in the house is getting it and it really makes your tummy hurt. Good thing is, is that it didnt make me throw up like everyone else. It takes a lot to do that to me. So my band is fine. I was afraid I would throw up and cause problems. That is one thing I am afraid of is to throw up and make my band slip. ALright Im back on the couch. Going to nap a little while. TTYL!! I hope everyone is doing great.

Angie

Oh Angie, sorry to hear everyone is sick. Hope you all get to feeling better. I think we are good for awhile here, everyone finally seems to be better. Hubby is the only one that never got it. Take it easy and get plenty of rest if you can. need to get your fill before your fill...thats next friday isn't it?

Good to hear everyone is back to normal at your place. Seemed like for a while they were staying pretty ill. Now its my turn! :clap: I am starting to feel a little better. I slept like all day long. :notagree Now I am wide awake. :couch2: (i love these emoticons) Yes my fill is on the 17th and I am sooo excited!!! I can't wait. It's hopefully going to kick start this weight loss that I have been stuck at. I can't seem to get my butt back to eating right and exercising. I was exercising great and then got this bug. GRRR!!! Oh well. I will get it and will hopefully have this weight moving by next time we meet. :) Ok, going to go sit back down to the Grammy's and enjoy it now the kids are all tucked in bed. GOOD NIGHT!!!

Angie

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Don't worry too much about the exercise until you are better. You don't want to have a relapse. Paul introduced me to the mac today...well he did a long time ago, but I hadn't used it much. I said something about wanting to do a web page and or blog for my pictures and ramblings. So he showed me how. So now I have a webspace! Check it out when you guys have time. I think it looks pretty neat. Oh and I got the girls pictures made today in their asian shirts. They turned out great...so spent too much money on more pictures. I will get them scanned in soon so I can share them.

Dianne did you get your house clean? That is so funny I hear of people doing that all the time. My mom was one of them. My granny on the other hand said no way that's what I pay her to do. haha.... How are you doing? I read your post the other day and I love your outlook. Hang in there girl it will all be behind you soon...We will be here w/ you every step of the way.

Angie....I know you what you mean about not being able to eat right and the exercise...I feel like a big old flumpy person. I do have to say I am making better food choices and logging them is helping me out. Now I just need to measure again. Exercise...is there hope for me probably not. Ok now are you feeling better? Sickness is no fun...

Melissa - I want to see the pics of the girls...I am sure they are really nice. I always spend too much money on them and I only have one child. UGH...

Kathy where are you? Are you ok?

Karen how are you doing? We need to do lunch again...next week?

Taking Curtis back to the ENT today for his follow up. I really hope it's working.

Other then that my FIL is doing good. Getting better each day...

Happy Thursday everyone.....

Karah had her 6 year check up today. Everything was good except her growth. I have to take her back in 6 months. If she drops anymore off the curve then they will start investigating more. She is like in the 5% for height and like 15% for weight. But the promblem is that she has dropped, from 15% height to that. Anyone know any way to stretch a kid? The doctor asked what and how many times a day she eats...so going to keep track of her calories for a week to see. Though just figuring it into my head she eats enough calories. As much as me if not more.

Melissa, thats a bummer, I'm sure she will be fine, maybe shes just taking a break from growing.

Angie, Yuck, so sorry to hear everyone is sick. I've got chills cold feet, and a headache today. Kelly hasn't felt good all week.

Kim-I did get most of the cleaning done..lol..it is funny. I will be going crazy for the next week because my Gandmother is cming next Thursday. I have to clean extra because......

I have a date...February 21st. 7:30 Am have to be there at 5:30. They wanted to do it the 16th but thats the day she's coming. I'm hoping and praying that Clifford will come next week rather than the 21st! That would really stink!

Ok so I'm worried about a few things..stupid things...

1. What if he can't put the band in!!! No reason for this thought, I know where it is coming from, but it's there, the fear of waking up without a band! If thats the case I want the by-pass..I Know I know....

2. Lucy, I'm am the main Mommy for her! She is pretty good with going out, but thats because I watch her almost every second. Plus I have her on a real stricked eating schedual. I know she'll live.....

So thats about it. I did find out today that someone from my church is going to MX in March to get the band!! I have to call her and invite her to our lunch. I hope she'll come.

2 more friends are having the B-P I guess thats why it's on my mind.

I'm taking a nap now....

Melissa, I'm sure she will be fine. Maybe she's just going to be a petite flower ;)

Angie, I hope you feel better soon! I'm sure having a tummy bug with the band is no fun.

Kim, yes we need to do lunch. Drop me a line at work and let's schedule something next week. I hope Curtis is doing well?

Dianne, hang in there lady! We're all pulling for you, and I think you'll do just fine.

I don't have anything to report. If I don't hear from Dr. K's office by next Wed. I'll call or drop them another e-mail. That will have been another 4 weeks since last I heard from them.

My daughter and son-in-law are buying a house in Stanley. They close on February 24th. We're all very happy and excited for them! ;)

Good morning.

Denika-I have a leak in my band and also in my port. The band looks to me to be pretty big. I could see the dye coming right out of it pretty darn fast. I was feeling fine, but getting hungrier. Some of it was PMS and Clifford coming, but most of it was real. So I have to go back in and have the whole thing over again. This is very unusual

Goodness Dianne, that sounds like it must've been terrible to go through. I'm so sorry that that happened to you. I will definitely pray for you and that this time, you have no trouble at all.

Denika

Melissa-I'm sure your daughter will be fine! She's just probably going to be cute and petite. I know that some of my kids in my class have drank Pediasure to help put on weight, but I don't know if it helps with height or not.

Angie-I'm sorry to hear about the stomach bug, but I'm sure you handled it better than my husband did last night. He had it, and I'm sure I don't have to tell you about men and how they act when they are sick. Let's just say I am so glad he's doing better today, for many reasons!

I'm sure she is fine...but its frustrating that they flag her all the time for not growing...this is the third time. If she hasn't got back on curb in August they will do more testing. Right now she weighs 38lbs...so thats not really a problem and is 41 inches tall. She eats protien bars for snacks...because she likes them lol. She regained 2 of the pounds she dropped when she was sick recently so they aren't concerned with weight. I think she is just too damn bouncey and active. The child NEVER stops moving....even while watching tv she is rolling about...bouncing on the ball, sliding down the couch....you name it. It really drives hubby mad...he can't watch tv in the same room with her without the little vein starting to show on the side of his head...lol. In the past when she got flagged it was because she wasn't gaining weight. So we feed her nutrional bars, all the chocolate milk she wanted and juices....just to make her gain weight. I want her metabolism. LOL

Hey Melissa,

Sorry to hear that about Karah. I am sure she is going to be fine. I did know a boy when growing up that had problems like this and had a pituitary gland problem that was stunning his growth. He was on hormone shots for a while. He is really tall now. It really helped him. Not saying this is her problem at all, just letting you know that I knew someone that has gone through something like this too. Hopefully its nothing and she will start growing like a weed. She is such a cute girl. We should get our girls together to play sometime. Ok I am off of here. Been playing hookie all day long since I havent felt well. hehe Gotta get ready for my weigh in tomorrow at the Y. TTYL GIRLS!!

Angie