Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February talk time.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers....We spent all day w/ him yesterday and I have to say he is doing very good. We are going to start calling him Mr. Timex...because he takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Plus if he were a cat he would have already used up his nine lives. :) We had him up walking yesterday eveing and once he got going he was doing pretty good.

I would love to go just one month and not have anything happen in my family just one month is all I am asking. Please!!!!

Ok so other then that things are going well. Although I do think Curtis has another ear infection. We will find out this week as he has a follow up w/ his ent doctor.

I am taking monday off which is much needed but I am keeping both the kids, Curtis and my neice Abby. That will be a busy day.

HarelyNana & Paula it's so nice to see you jump in here w/ us. Please come as often as you would like. We do have a great thing here and I think it helps me to stay on track because I know I will my friends each month and I know I have better lost some weight. haha..... HarelyNana - we were actually heading to the outerbanks in April for a Bike Rally however with the FIL I don't think we will be going. We will probably use our house in N Mrytle Beach. We will see though.

Alright ladies hope you have a great superbowl sunday....Our plans today is hang out at the house unless the in laws need me and we will go.

Talk later....

Oh Kim, I cried when I read your last post. I pray for you that you WILL have a month of nothing happening to anyone in your family. I'm glad to see that he i doing better. Are you ok? Cry time is a good thing once in a while.

This is an awesome site, and welcome.

I haven't been on for a while I guess some of it is frustration and of course my new baby is keeping my very busy. i will see if Kelly can post a pic here she is the good one at that!

Well I have been having the BEST time with LUCY!! We didn't name her till Saturday night. I wanted Zoloft, Prozac, Xanax or Lexapro...lol...but I was told no way. I really think Zoloft would have been cute! But she is a Lucy She is so sweet and good. Right now she is sleeping under my desk between my legs...ahhh I can't stand it!!!

I'm getting frustrated with not hearing anything about my surgery!! I did send a private message to Dr. Ortiz the other day when he posted that thread about erosion. I told him about my leak and asked him if he has had many band leaks. He said NEVER! He seemed suprised and said that the manufactures test them really well before hand. My Dr. told me mine was also tested in the OR. I also posted a thread not saying that I had one but asking if anyone ever heard of it or had one. I had 1 reply and it was from someone whose Dr. told her before having the surgery that he had done 200 lapbands and had 1 band leak. So I guess I really am 1 in a WHAT!!!! several hundred. That is good new for you guys.

Part of me is afraid to call the insurance company.

OK sorry enough blabbing.

Time to love on Lucy

Kim, prayers go out to your FIL and whole family. Praise God that he is going to be OK! I'm also praying the truth will come out. You would think that the trooper would take statements from the medic too?

Dianne, hang in there lady. You'll have a date soon, and be as good as new ... or actually better!

Angie, I'll eat Soup with you :)

Melissa, you're looking great. Please don't sweat a little Water weight gain.

Had a good weekend, but a sweet old gentleman in our church went to be with the Lord this weekend. He suffered from congestive heart failure and had been on Oxygen for at least 1 1/2 years. I'll attend his services tomorrow (Tues.) afternoon.

Melissa your oldest daughter looks just like you!! You have a really good looking family.

I got the approval. Now waiting on the date. Oh boy, and I'm sick of all the negative stuff on here about the band I am going to tell my story which even though it sucks, it is still the best thing I ever did.

That's great Diane. Are you with United Health Care too? I was hoping there wouldn't be any promblem with insurance. Thank Goodness. I think you should post the story. What happen to you is apparently VERY rare, but you have been a trooper.

Oh I posted all three poses on the picture thread. The girls are actually going back wed to get their pictures made in their Asian shirts that I bought them in San Fran.

Melissa that picture is great. You should be very proud of it.

Dianne you go girl...I am so glad you got the approval. Hang in there they will be calling you before you know it. Keep those spirts up. You know I haven't read much on here lately. I guess I need to go out and check it out. I love my band and no one can change my mind on it. It was the right choice for ME. We will get there...it will be slow but we are all here for each other and w/ support like ours we will be rocking.

Just a quick update...the family is doing good. FIL is up and moving still soar but getting a little better each day. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers ask I know this is what has brought us through. More so me just knowing I have ya'll out there.

Hope you have a great Tuesday....

Melissa that is such a great picture!!! Where did you have them taken at? We need a family pic like that. Never done it. :eek: I have felt so bad on how I look that I havent wanted to get a picture made of me at all. But now I am starting to feel like one. :grouphug:

Angie

Picture people....they have a coupon on their site for a free 8x10 or free 10x13 and free sitting fee. Also if you joing their club which is like 30-40 a year. You get 3 10 off coupons and 3 free sheets.

Dianne, sounds like things are coming together. I'll be done before you know it.

Melissa, great picture! You have a nice looking family!

Kim, it's good to hear that your FIL is doing so well!

The funeral this afternoon was nice. I think his widow was holding up better than the rest of the congregation, maybe because she watched him suffer over the last two years, and he's at peace now.

What a wonderful picture! You have an absolutely beautiful family, and I know you must be very proud! Thank you for sharing the picture with us!