Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February's Chat

Happy Valentine's Day!

I just got home....ouchy oooowey need to take some pain meds but, wanted to say hello before I fell asleep. Things went extremely well and the doc was happy I was up and about really early. I feel like the port side (sound like a boat lol) is going to fall out of me but, that's to be expected. I have to get some meds in...gotta go. Love you all and thank you for your well wishes :)

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to stop in say I hope everyone had a great Valentines Day. I tried to sign on earlier but the site was not working. I’m off to Atlanta tomorrow and I still have to pack, Iron, etc. I have to leave at 5:30 in the morning and that will be painful to get up for! I’ll be back Thursday and will check in then.

Congratulations Sherry!

hey you guys - it's me, the phantom...

I promised I would make time - and I did - but only enought to read - not enought to write everyone.

I am healing up well - now sneezing is just a dull ache. It's only rolling over in bed that still causes that gasp of pain. Soon, even that will be a memory.

Sherry - CONGRATS!!! I hope you heal up as fast as I have!! Hugs!

Patty, HUGE HUGS!!

Everybody else - love you.

Talk to you soon, really....

:]

Oh lordy I need to cough so bad but, it just hurts too much. Funny...I didn't think I'd be able to feel every swallow of something that goes down but I can. I can take a lot of pain but, ohhh doggy I feel like I was hit by a mack truck today lol. I'm sure it will go away soon enough :)

Hope everyone else is doing well. Glad to hear you're healing well Bene.

Good Morning,

Sherry, you'll be feeling better as the day goes on. The more you walk the better you'll feel. Don't forget to use that "blow" machine, LOL.

For all you buffet folks, I used my WLS Card at Golden Corral, everyone else paid like $10.00, I paid 5 and some change. The receipt said stomach stapled, LOL.

Betty the flowers are absolutely beautiful, I wish I could grow them here, then again maybe I can??? Do they just bloom once and how long does it bloom?

Cindy, "narcissus", I thought that's what my son was called, LMAO, maybe that's a different spelling.

Eileen, how was that puter class?

Check you all later.

Good Morning Y'all!

Well today I am getting my butt outside for a while, it is supposed to be beautiful. I did get a walk in yesterday, but I had to make myself do it! I just didn't feel like walking, but I sure felt better after I did it. I have to get back into my routine of walking every day.

Sherry - Glad to see you here this morning. It really does get better each day, and I think the third day is always the worst in any surgery. Like Pat said, the more you move around the better it gets.

Pat - I am pretty sure you can grow those anywhere. It is a bulb and it comes up every year in the springtime. Mine always blooms in February sometime, but up north it is later. They last 3-4 weeks, depending on the weather. Last year they bloomed and it frozed the day after and froze them. Hopefully this year they will be around for a while. Of course they are now calling for freezes this weekend! Sure, after I unwrapped all my stuff yesterday!:)

Eileen - How was the computer classes yesterday? Sometimes they are fun to do, other times they are so boring. Hope you had a fun one!

Cindy - Your salads sound yummy! I didn't mean to suggest you didn't do Protein, just wanted to remind you to do that! Sometimes we forget to get all that Protein in.

Zan - Have a safe trip! Have fun while you're at it too!

Patty - Hope you get hired today!

Dianne - Nothing new on the job stuff, it is driving me crazy. You would think those places would have the courtesy to at least contact you one way or the other.

Beanie - Glad you are healing up nicely! My port area was tender to lay on for quite a while. Hope DH is taking good care of you in the food department!:Banane40: :Banane40:

Anne - Good Morning! Got anything planned for today?

Well I guess I will get off here and get something productive done for a while!:Banane40: :Banane40: :Banane40:

Morning all,

I'm sorry to report that things still aren't going my way. The excuse note from my Dr wasn't what the medical agency wanted. She wants the dr to tell her how he is treating and controling my high blood pressure. And then to prove her point she attempts to take my pressure over my tuxedo shirt on my right arm 160/100....."if you were my patient you would be in the hospital emergency right now!" How can I ever win? I called my PCP and explained to the clerk what I needed, ie I told her what to write and to fax it over. I have no idea if it worked. I absolutely hate this redtape. Asking a medical dr to lie about treating me for something I don't have. This alone makes my blood pressure rise. Sorry everybody, this is just killing me..... gotta get the kids up.

:hungry: Dear Sherry :hungry:

I was just reading through and discovered that you got your surgery -- I'm sorry that I forgot. Congratulations :) I am truly amazed that you are posting already and that tells me that you are feeling well -- are you hungry, or just a bit sore? Everytime I see a new bandster home and posting I just marvel that this surgery could be so quick. Rest up and be well, Your LBT Sister,

Good Afternoon

BOSS MAN IS GONE FOR 3 WONDERFUL GLORIOUS FUN FILLED DAYS !!! (((can you say GO NJ GO NJ GO NJ)))) :whoo:

Sherry, I'm so glad your home and on your way. Its amazing how some people have little pain and some (like ME) have lots after surgery. Hang in there ;)

Beanie I still can't lay completely "comfortable" on my side, I think its the port I feel. It doesn't hurt, its just a sore feeling. But once I shift the rolls around a bit I'm okay and I sleep mostly on my side. lol How's the apple sauce today?

Geesh Patty, I'm sorry your having these troubles with the lady at work, she sounds like a schmuck. I'm praying things Iron themselves out. HUGS.

Betty enjoy your day outside. I just came back from lunch and it is a beautiful 50 degrees or so out...just lovely. I told my DH this morning that he had better help me at night when I get home to get back on the treadmill.... I'm just to tired in the morning and can't get up earlier than 4:30 to exercise so the night is the only time I can really do it. He said...duh......okay. LOLOL !!!! Your flowers are beautiful !!!!!

Pat, how's every little thing in your parts of the woods? Puter class was okay, it was on Visio. Its a program that does flow charts, org charts and oooh fun stuff like that (NOT). LOL. The instructor was a sweet elderly lady who was very entertaining so it made the day fly by. She preceded to tell me that the next time I see her she will be a new lady b/c she joined Jenny Craig... I almost said oh yeah!!! DITTO's but I got a band neener neeener neeeeeeeeeeener ((just kidding)) I just smiled and wished her luck.

Zan, have a wondeful SAFE trip....see yah when you get back.

Dianne, how ya feeling chicklet? how's lucy?

Cindy, sweet Cindy (cool yer jets girl) I almost spit out my coffee reading that b/c you are SOOO on the money. I know I lack patience big time and I am so greatful that you all will tell me to calm down. I'm trying to be patient.. I know the band is not the cure, but dang... :drama: <--drama queen.

:) <---- story of my life ROFLMFAO !!! how cute is that.

Well its time for me to kick off my shoes and enjoy this peaceful day by myself, no co workers, no boss, no shit !!! :guess

Hey Y'all!

Just jumped in quick like, I had to run to the bank and store so thought I would check and see what y'all were doing. I was laughing all the way home. I decided to look at some jeans while I was out, I wasn't going to buy any, just look and maybe try them on. Well, I was going to try on some of the low waisted ones. I had some in my hands and was still looking around and a bunch of the ladies in the store had some on. Well, I decided right then and there that I wasn't going to get any! I just put them right back on the shelf! The ladies that were wearing them looked awful in them! I mean their butts looked so big and I know it was the pants making it look that way. These weren't large women either! Nope, I decided they just weren't right for me. I'm trying to make mine look smaller, not larger!:);)

Eileen - I love your little icon! How cute is that! Glad the class wasn't so bad! Just wait till next time that lady comes back and looks at you!:clap2:

Patty - In the first place I always heard that blood pressure shouldn't be taken over a blouse etc, only on a bare arm. And second, every time I go to the doctor's office mine goes up! I can take it all week long and it is fine, but the minute I go to the doctor's office it goes way up! White coat thingy I guess!

Well, back to the work, gosh it is so pretty today!

HI, everyone!

So glad to see you, Sherry! Yes, that port area is the trouble spot, but it gets better...I think Eileen was the one who mentioned this, but even now, if I overeat (which is significantly less food than I would have eaten BEFORE!) my port will ache, and I think it's because the weight of the food presses down on it or something. Anyhow, hang tough!

Betty, no problem with the suggestion...just reassuring you that I'm working that Protein thing! Our school cafeteria puts these salads together, so they measure everything, which is helpful.

Beanie, keep after it! It's always great to see your face (I mean, eyes!) around here.

Pat, narcissus is the flower...narcissistic is the adjective describing people who are "all about me". I feel like I'm writing the "word of the day" entry! Remember, I'm one of those dreaded English-teacher types, so I can't resist!

Eileen, hope that computer class didn't drive you to madness!

Patty, the road gets bumpier, huh? One step at a time...

I have nothing really new going on. The regular teaching, mothering, wife-ing, friend-ing day-to-day life. With a headache. Of course.

Everyone have a great day!

Cindy

Patty, I'm sorry sorry this is happening to you. I'm praying that it will all work out.

Eileen, How was your day! Yu sounded so happy.

Betty, I don't blame you for putting those pants back! I did buy a pair at which I didn't try on at Walmart today, you know me and my pre surg Walmart stops.

Betty, It was 66 today here. Tomorrow it might hit 70.

Sherry, It will get better.

Zan, Have fun!

Well tomorrow my Grandmother comes. I'm stressing because I need to do so much before she comes. We made these plans 3 months ago not realizing that I would be going for surgery.

Well this afternoon I was walking real fast and tripped over a curb and if I hadn't had my car right there I would have fallen on my face. I twisted my foot real bad. Not sure if I broke anything or not. It isn't to swollen and I can stand on it. It just hurts like heck and feels tight. I think I'm going to just wait it out for tonight and take it easy and then tomorrow kick butt around here before she comes.

Lucy is being a good girl, Sandy seems depressed, Poose, the cat is thrilled to have a play mate her size.

Well I'm going to get more ice. Have a good night.

Same Sh*t, Different day.

Sherry, the day AFTER the surgery was the worst for me - that is when the anesthia (sp) wore off and I felt the joy of my incisions... But I just took lots of Elixer and slept through it! Hope you start to feel lots better, soon.

Pat - you ought to be able to grow the flowers in VA... We used to have them in Oregon - so I betcha you can. They are pretty, aren't they? And your ring is pretty, too. I couldn't wear that big pretty rock, though. I would be cutting people and breaking things... I love my ring because it doesn't catch or snag on anything. I am just a big ol' clutz.

Betty - hope you had fun outdoors. And those low-ride pants are not for me, either. ICK. Maybe if I had a 12 yr old boy body... But that ain't going to happen in THIS lifetime! DH is making me some yummy taters and gravy for dinner... mmmmm

Patty - sorry about the BP thing (AGAIN!!). I can't believe that chick wants to hear about treatment for a problem that doesn't really exist... But even if it did - the WLS should help that immensly.

Eileenie - I envy you having just ONE boss that actually goes away once in a while... It seems like EVERYONE around here has a say in what and when I do things - and they never ALL leave except after five!

Cindy - ok, ok... I will try to get a full head shot soon in deference to you and Pat... :]

Dianne - hope your ankle feels better, soon. You want to be able to keep up with Granny!! Pet the puppy for me. :]

Hope everybody is doing great! I am starting to notice some little things... the seatbelt doesn't have to be fully extended to reach around any more... and I am wearing a shirt that my Mom gave me that was just THAT much too tight for public exposure last month...

I am on my way!!

:]