Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February's Chat

Fantastic pictures, Pat! Beautiful car...drool! Drooly baby...beautiful! (I love it when I can do a play on words!)

Thanks for posting them! You must have good picture editing software...if I want to post a pic, it takes me soooo long to make it smaller....

Cindy

Wow! Pat I really like that car! And, we would all love for you to break it in on a trip to Texas!:):(:D Awwww, your GS is adorable!

Cindy - Moderators don't delete threads unless the original poster asks them to, but the the original poster can delete their own posts so they don't need to ask us. If it gets way out of hand, we lock them though. I didn't get to see or read the post y'all are talking about, so I don't know what actually was said or how it was deleted. And, yes, when things get way out of hand we usually do ask that person to handle things differently. Hope that explains why it has been handled the way it was. I have been pretty busy here at home lately so I don't get to read all the threads all the time. I do try to make it here every day, but once in a while I don't even get to do that.

I just wish everyone would get along and we didn't have to watch every word we say anymore. I know a lot of people aren't posting for that very reason. Hopefully soon things will get back to normal, but until then just post on the ones you feel comfortable posting on.

Betty, thank you for explaining the moderator's role in weird threads! I do understand more clearly now. No way was I holding you responsible, just wondering the standard operating procedure...I guess it's just best to avoid those posters...or maybe PM (nicely, of course) to ask them to be nice?

Thanks, Betty!

Goodnight, Eileen!

Good luck tomorrow, Sherry!

I feel like I'm on a re-run of The Waltons!

Cindy

I can't even begin to tell all of you how it makes me feel getting your well wishes. Thank you so much for your words of kindness and thoughts and most of all for the friendship I feel for each and everyone of you. Thank goodness for LBT and me chatting by mistake in this wonderful group lol. God made me click that thread for a reason and I've really seen why now.

God bless you all and I hope you have sweet dreams. I'll be chatting with you as soon as I can :cool: HUGSSSSSSSSS

hello. i am new to here. i wish you the best of luck. i go for my pre-op on the 22nd and start my liguid diet then too. my date for my band is march 1. well i hope all goes well.

And the final total is……29.6” of snow – the biggest on record!! Yup – I still have work tomorrow. I’ll be getting out my snowshoes since my dog sled is broken.

Good luck Sherry and update us all as soon as you feel up to it.

Welcome Michele. What part of NY are you from?

Beanie – how are you? Are you still at IKEA?!:biggrin1:

Okay … I'm off to bed since my prayers for a snow day tomorrow did not come true….

Good Morning,

Boy did we get enuf snow or what? I'm heading into work late today, our road is solid ice and I'm no way risking that ride into work this morning, hopefully the streets will melt a bit.

I did a bit of cooking yesterday, made meatballs & skettie, some tuna salad w/apples, cranberries and raisins and a big pan of roasted veggies so we should be set for the week w/lunch and dinners. We played in the snow for a bit and DD's face got so red I got worried her cheeks were getting wind burn so we came in and had hot chocolate and a brownie :nervous

My fill feels like its not there :cool: I got 1 cc in a 4 cc band.... do fills really kick in later on? I was supposed to be on liquids until today but fooie...5 days ?????????????? so I started eating saturday night which made it 4 days of liquids. I ate quite a bit of chicken to my surprise. The doc said I would feel like I did just out of surgery HAAAAA!!! what a schmuck...not even close.

Sherry........... Your in my prayers today, good luck and congrats !!

Zan, where the heck are they gonna pile 29" of snow in NYC?

Emtbaby welcome !! and congratulations on getting the process started.

Betty I agree with you, its so petty that people who have nothing better to do come here and start trouble. Be glad you didn't read that thread..it was just a bunch of babbling. Poor John, he meant well. Good gosh girl, I hope you don't have time to read every thread lolol. I'm lucky if I can read 2 threads a day during the week. One thing I have to say about LBT when I started coming here is the Mods and the members made me feel instantly at home. I've never got this kind of reaction so fast from any other site I've ever visited. Your all the best and don't let a few ninnies with to much time on their hands make you feel other wise. Whatch doing today? How goes the job hunting....any bites? Aww sorry about your doggie. My susie loves the snow too, lays in it like its nothing.

Pat your car is very very pretty !!! I'm so glad your enjoying it. ohhh and the baby is soooooooooo cute, what a little doll.

Anne, I'll trade you the snow for some sun any day lolol. I used to love it but as I age, its starting to piss me off HAAAAAAA!!!!!! I guess I'm just tired of having to drive in it. Driving in ice and snow can really be stressful. Not that I can't drive in it but you have to watch the other cars and pray they don't slide into you. I gotta go check out your gift *giggle*

Patty, where are ya hon? hope we haven't scared you away lol. Are you chillin in Disney this weekend? How are the boys?

Beanie, hope your first day back at work is a good one...take it easy. I give you so much credit for going back after 1 week..... wowee !!!

Cindy love, whats happening? how's school?

You know when I see a thread where there's fighting I try like heck to stay away and not even read it. I have enuf problems struggling with feeling depressed so I try to avoid those types of threads. I did put my 2 cents into Johns thread.....just couldn't help myself lol. I'm glad the thread is gone though... there's no need for it here. This is one big happy family here and well I guess with any family we have to deal with the black sheep every once in a while lol.

I guess I should get dressed....... blech... I wanna stay home :)

Well ya all, have a wonderful day.

Eileen, I have the 4cc band and my restriction always hit right away, IMMEDIATELY. My doctor only has me do 24hrs of liquids, your doctor sounds cruel, LOL. You ate chicken, I haven't had a fill since September and I'm still squeamish with chicken, it has to be mush. As for the snow, all we had was flurries, even when the sun was out.

Anne, I don't think I'll ever learn where all those knobs are, you'd think when ya get the same kind of car you had before the knobs and buttons would be located in the same general area, NOT. That darn navigational system makes me push the "I agree" button every time I put it in drive, but I had to have the nav system in order to get the back up camera, which I like a lot.

Hey guys I tried a new combo yesterday, my DH brought me a house salad from OutBack, along with the creamy french onion Soup, OMG was that wonderful. Anyway, I took a packet of that tuna that's seasoned with garlic, mixed that in with my salad, added some ranch dressing and some raspberry vinaigrette, YUM. That tuna added such a punch and some Protein.< /p>

Good Morning Y'all!

Boy, you guys sure do have the snow! They showed pictures of New York and New Jersey on our news! Sure is pretty though! I'll let ya all have it and I just look at those beautiful pictures!:cool:

Eileen - I didn't feel anything with my first or second fill, a little with my third fill but it went away fast. My first fill was 1.5cc and each fill after that was

.5cc. I went up to 3.0cc but that was too tight for me and I am now at 2.8

Just be patient, and don't get too much fill too fast. I think it is better to take a little at a time and let your stomach get used to it. I only have to do liquids the rest of the day of the fill and back to solids the next day. That's a long time he has you do liquids! Heck, you'll probably lose so much weight with all those liquids that the fill will be too loose anyway!:):D :D

Pat - I hate learning all those buttons. I have to learn them though cause DH never reads anything, he just pushes buttons till he has it all messed up! MMMMMM, that salad does sound good!

Sherry - Welcome to bandland! By now you should be out of surgery and wondering what the h%ll you have done! Don't worry, it gets better with each day.

Well, I am going to get a shower and get some errands run, I put them off all weekend, now I have to get my dupa moving and get them done!

Later!

Betty funny you mentioned the OMG, what the .... have I done, I remember that hit me about the 3rd or 4th day, about the same time I started to get hungry, then I had to remind myself that the feeling was temporary.

Have a great day, off to work, (for a little while).

Hey everybody,

Sorry I haven't been around. I hit a small depression and needed some time to sort it all out. Last Wednesday I called Human Resorces from work to discover that until I fix the blood pressure problem on my own that I haven't been hired at all! I have been working 3 weeks and I don't exsist -- amazing isn't it? I called my PCP and because Mary thinks my calls are about surgery, she doesn't even call back, so I lost another day. I call again, get a different girl and make an appt, which is today. I really really need to have the job thing made permanent. Not only do I need to know that my children are eating but being an employee with the school district gives me a discount on the daycare that I pay for all 4 boys. My depression came from trying to jump through the hoops for work as well as the hoops I jump for my surgery and it just became TOO much. Everybody wants a piece of me and I get tired..... tried of living and tired of not being perfect, which is what the world wants. You have to have a great body, well paying job, right type of car, live in the best neighborhood, kids that make straight A's and all while walking in 5 inch heels. Oh, being a 46 year old divorced woman, who is overweight and is raising 4 children is the exact reason that we need to dump more on her plate.... she deserves it! I needed some time and prayer. The changes that are happening to me and the kids will take the remainder of the year to sort out. I just need to know that I won't get lost and I have the assurance of that now. This afternoon I will get my BP checked and a note from the Doc to clear my work physical. With that finished I will be hired. Then I will work on dietician stuff again.... she has been dodging me for 2 weeks! And lastly, the brand new tutor I hired for the twins was a no-show on Friday and I need to clean up that mess as well. Thank you all for listening -- advice right now would completely crumble me. Yesterday afternoon I headed to Disneyland and asked my ex to drop the boys off instead of at my home. One of our favorite activities is watching a show called Fantasmic. We set out blankets on the ground and I bring all their favorite treats. At 9pm the show starts and I love having my boys close and I have the peace that the rough edges of my life will smooth out. After the show we waited for fireworks but because of strong winds they were cancelled. I let the 3 big kids ride Pirates of the Carribean and Lewis and I walked over to "Winnie the Pooh" only to discover that they had closed it..... he didn't cry and said that he was having a happy day. We returned to our tarp, then got comfy in the blankets and watched the show a second time! We got home at midnight and Taylor just now got up.

Well, I gonna make a batch of pancakes and make the best of my day..... I have the day off and you people with the snow should too.

:kiss2: Kisses, everyone

Good Afternoon,

Patty I'm sorry for the big load on your shoulders right now :D Please know that you are in my prayers. Hang in there things will come together. But remember you don't have to hide from us when you are down. The least we can do for you is give you a ciber hug especially since your here for us all the time. Gee I feel like we're all sisters here....long distance or not.

Pat that Soup sounds good. I love tuna, eat it all the time. Every have it w/apples mmmmmmmmmm !!! Yep, I can eat chicken, I'm telling you, I can eat anything and as much as I want. Its like I'm not banded but I know that dang thing is in there b/c I can feel it LOL. If I didn't have the scars I would start to wonder :cool:

Betty I'm trying to be patient but the clock is ticking and I hate wasting precious time, Yeah I know I know lololol. If I lose and struggle on my own I won't get a fill, but if I don't lose and waste time waiting for the doctor I'll get a fill. Butt wipes aren't they. So I feel like i'm in catch-22. Guess I should just keep trying eh :) Watcha doing today anything fun?