Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm just a blubbering idiot!

my fear is the general anesthetic. Any overweight person having this has a larger risk of not pulling through.

Yup. Exactly right. It's probably less about the surgeon than it is about the anesthesiologist.

I too wrote a goodbye letter to my husband and cried all the way through it. I just gave him the letter the other day and he cried.

Hearing of so many deaths associated with the gastric bypass I guess it's only human to wonder if maybe they died from the anethesia because of the extra weight on the lungs and heart. However the chances are they died from infections from the intestines being re-routed. It's scary to even think about that. That's why I chose the band because it was soooo much safer but the anestesia is the same in both cases and people do die from it. That's why I was scared and said my goodbyes but I was still willing to take that risk.

I updated my will and told everyone individually that I loved them, and would be waiting for them on the other side if something happened. I know that in retrospect it all sounds a little overdramatic, :violin:and I guess it was. But I was scared. I wasn't unscared until I awoke following surgery and said "so this is it? have I been banded yet?"

The hard part is the first week of recovery. This is due to the anesthesia and later, the narcotic pain meds. After that, life just gets better. I am so thankful for my band.

See you in bandland!

Yep, been there done that. I bought my DD a present and gave them cards with messages in them telling them how much I love them.

Your not an idiot.... your just a good Mom.

You'll be okay !!!

Yes I did it too.. I made a will of sorts as well and I took my kids to the zoo and bought them suvineers... all while in my mind I was thinking 'what if i die" and I owed it to them something

hi Elisa well it's the 6 so i'm guessing the deed is done when you get home home and hop on the comp you will know we are thinking of you,

Since your fear concerned coming out of anesthesia I can respond. I was very afraid of that also. Your chances of not coming out of surgery are less than slim, but we all worry about that. It is normal. You will be fine.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches