Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone. I was banded on 8/15. Haven't had a fill yet, but keeping all the weight off. I'm down 35 lbs. But doubt I'll lose much more until. Get a fill. I'm using the Mio drink too. Not bad. I'm pretty tired of Crystal light. Too sweet tasting for me.

Hi everyone, I'm so happy that everyone is doing so well, and that they are adapting to their fills. I enjoy very much reading everyone's comment and compare them to my own situation. Greatly appreciate any advice that you can share to my situation. I had my surgery on 8/26 and on my first week on liquids I lost 15 Lbs. then 2 Lbs. the second week. Now that I'm 4 weeks post up I gain 3 Lbs. and I don't understand how. I barely can keep anything down without getting stuck and I'm always starving. I've been putting some food in the processor and eating it like a Soup. I'm supposed to go for my first fill on 9/26. But don't understand how that is going to work. If my problem my food getting stuck midway and always feeling hungry after an hour of eating a meal. I'm also eating more then 4oz. as I'm not measuring anymore (is soo time consuming) I must be eating at least 8oz in each meal.

Hi chicholocious,

I'm so sorry you're having so much trouble. Try having some hot tea before you eat. Maybe that would relax your band a little and you would not get stuck. I read that a lot of the folks do that first thing in the morning if they have trouble getting things down. It's really strange how different Dr's tell us to do different things pre op & post op. I know some tell their patents to only eat 4 oz and some say up to 1 1/2 C. My Doc tells me to eat till I'm full and try to stay around 1100 calories. Does anyone else have any suggestions that work for you that might help chicholicious?

Blessings,

GG

Hi everyone. I was banded on 8/15. Haven't had a fill yet, but keeping all the weight off. I'm down 35 lbs. But doubt I'll lose much more until. Get a fill. I'm using the Mio drink too. Not bad. I'm pretty tired of Crystal light. Too sweet tasting for me.

Hi bobrocky,

Good to see you back. You know all of us girls hate you because you will always loose faster than we do, 35 lbs is amazing! LOL Seriously, it sounds like you are doing very well. Keep up the good work.

In my support group meeting last night one of the ladies gets orange sugar free kool aid crystals and adds that to her Protein vanilla powder. She says it tastes like a creamsicle. Sounds good to me and I'll post if I try it. Keep in touch.

Blessings,

GG

Hello all I thought I would stop in and give you a good laugh. I wanted to share something I am now experiencing with my wonderful lap band journey. I am currently a nursing student and I have 10 hour clinicals every Saturday. I was quite excited about my clinicals because I thought being on my feet would definitely help with the the weight loss since it is better than sitting on my butt in a cubicle. Well I have not seen an improvement in weight loss but I can live with that I know it is coming. What is not so fun is the gas!!!!! Hello all of this walking is making me sound like my grandma......you know the type everyone knows one.....the tooting train! It is like it with every step comes a new note. Of course nothing about this is quiet and unnoticable so I make several trips to the restrooms. Of course I am so greatful at the end of the day to get to the privacy of my own car. I think my professors think that I am a slacker and trying to get out of helping with patients LOL. I think this week I will have to let them in on my little issue. Go ahead laugh away even I can admit it is funny!:D I hope noone took this as vulgar.........it is just a fact of life especially now..........and still funny!

Hi All !!

I was banded August 16th. I did a 2 week liquid diet before and 2 weeks after the surgery.

I lost about 18 pounds so far. But that was all in the month of August. Now I am just not losing. I am staying the same or even going up slightly. It is very discouraging. I don't have my first fill until Oct. 2nd.

I guess this what they call bandster hell.

I am following the rules. I started real food about 2 weeks ago. I am keeping my calories between 800-1100.

I am exercising. Although I am sure I could do more.

Now the last couple of days the hunger is really coming back. I am hungry about 2 hours after a meal. So far I have been making good choices....until today. I didn't go crazy I just felt so hungry I know I had more than I should have.

Ughh. I know it will take a couple of fills to make a difference. Looking towards the first one to get this going.

Thanks for letting me vent. Terri

Make sure you tell them when you go in for your fill that you are hungry all of the time. At my doctors office they told me that the amount of saline they put in depended on the person's progress and hunger. It might be different for you but it couldn't hurt if they are willing to give you a little more! Stay strong!

Hi All !!

I was banded August 16th. I did a 2 week liquid diet before and 2 weeks after the surgery.

I lost about 18 pounds so far. But that was all in the month of August. Now I am just not losing. I am staying the same or even going up slightly. It is very discouraging. I don't have my first fill until Oct. 2nd.

I am following the rules. I started real food about 2 weeks ago. I am keeping my calories between 800-1100.

Now the last couple of days the hunger is really coming back. I am hungry about 2 hours after a meal. So far I have been making good choices....until today. I didn't go crazy I just felt so hungry I know I had more than I should have.

Ughh. I know it will take a couple of fills to make a difference. Looking towards the first one to get this going.

Hello all I thought I would stop in and give you a good laugh. I wanted to share something I am now experiencing with my wonderful lap band journey. I am currently a nursing student and I have 10 hour clinicals every Saturday. I was quite excited about my clinicals because I thought being on my feet would definitely help with the the weight loss since it is better than sitting on my butt in a cubicle. Well I have not seen an improvement in weight loss but I can live with that I know it is coming. What is not so fun is the gas!!!!! Hello all of this walking is making me sound like my grandma......you know the type everyone knows one.....the tooting train! It is like it with every step comes a new note. Of course nothing about this is quiet and unnoticable so I make several trips to the restrooms. Of course I am so greatful at the end of the day to get to the privacy of my own car. I think my professors think that I am a slacker and trying to get out of helping with patients LOL. I think this week I will have to let them in on my little issue. Go ahead laugh away even I can admit it is funny!:D I hope noone took this as vulgar.........it is just a fact of life especially now..........and still funny!

Hi stroganoff,

I am having the same problem and told my Dr yesterday. I know Protein drinks do that to me and asked him if I should still be having so much gas. He said no. In some people the surgery and then a new diet for a few weeks actually changes the bacteria in the intestines and that's what's giving us so much gas. We need to get rid of the new bacteria and get back the old bacteria. He prescribed Flagyl for me and said it would work to get the good bacteria back.

Here is the web info on it.

Metronidazole or Flagyl eliminates bacteria and other microorganisms that cause infections of the reproductive system, gastrointestinal tract, skin, vagina, and other areas of the body. Antibiotics will not work for colds, flu, or other viral infections. This medication is sometimes prescribed for other use.

They gave it to my brother when he came back from a trip abroad with parasites from the Water and it works very well. So, you might ask your Doc if you can have some. Hope this helps.

Blessings,

GG

Hi All !!

Hi Terri,

Welcome. Welcome to Bander hell too. There are quite a few of us there with you so hang in there and drink your Water, exercise, and make good food choices. 18 pounds is awesome and you are doing great! Not very long now till the fill and it will soooooo worth it.

Blessings,

GG

GG, thank you for the tea advice! Please keep on sharing tips thru this Banster Hell!! Lol! Hopefully we can start shedding the pounds and not think of the band as a waste of a surgery :(

I can't wait to go for a fill. I am hungry all the time and as soon as I eat a meal I am thinking about the next. Someone put me out my misery!!! LOL!

Hi all - I haven't had the internet at home for a week or so, but I'm at my dad's now using his :D

I haven't lost anything for the last couple of weeks, but I'm still sitting at over 8kg below my start weight and not putting any on. I go in for my first fill Friday next week, so I imagine it should start moving after that. I'm going to try to be conscious about what I eat and sticking to my calorie restrictions between now and then.

Had my surgery on the 25th, at my first follow up on the 8th I had lost 27 pounds thanks to the liquid pre and post op diets. I was supposed to do liquids for the first 2 weeks but that did not last. After day 8 I was so hungry all the time that I could not even sleep that night. Started mushys then and when I had my appt I got to start solids 3 days later. I got 3 wows when I was in for my follow up, 2 from the nurse about how much weight I had lost, and the other for how well the incision site has healed. Then I got 1 more from the Dr. about my healing. I was told not to expect to lose any more weight till after my fill. Well, my goal is to lose at least 4 more pounds before I go back on the th of October. I have not had a single soda since my surgery, I have switched to only sugar free drinks, and I now only eat whole foods, nothing processed, and I practice eating for when I get that first fill. Chewing right, eating slow. This will work for me and I am glad to be through the first 2 weeks that sucked. I am positive that if we all put the effort into this we will get the results we want!

I can't wait to go for a fill. I am hungry all the time and as soon as I eat a meal I am thinking about the next. Someone put me out my misery!!! LOL!

ms.lady

You are doing so well, don't be discouraged. I would come put you out of your misery but you live too far away! LOL Seriously, can you eat more often or a little more each meal so you are not so hungry? How many calories a day are you eating and are they good calories and are you drinking?

Blesings,

GG

Hi all - I haven't had the internet at home for a week or so, but I'm at my dad's now using his :D

I haven't lost anything for the last couple of weeks, but I'm still sitting at over 8kg below my start weight and not putting any on. I go in for my first fill Friday next week, so I imagine it should start moving after that. I'm going to try to be conscious about what I eat and sticking to my calorie restrictions between now and then.

Welcome back cakelady. I converted your kg and see you have lost almost 18 lbs. That's great. Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged.

Blessings,

GG

When I went to my first support group meeting Tues they went around the room and everyone set a goal and then told what they had done and were proud of recently. These all concern our new lapband lifestyle. So, why don't we do that too? We are a big International support group.

I will start.

I am proud of myself for starting to walk again. I've basically no been able to do much the last 2 years. I had foot and knee surgery last year and the recovery from my foot surgery aggravated my back. Anyway, I have started walking in my house. At first it was 10 minutes, that's all my back could stand even with my back brace on. Now I am doing 2 15 minutes walks a day and when it cools off we will go outside.

My goal would be to get in all my Water everyday. I do not remember to do to it and need to set the alarm on my phone to remind me.

We can all check in next Friday and see how we have done. Anyone else want to play?

Blessings,

GG