Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Re-banding After Lap Band Eroding

I just found out that my band is ¾ of the way eroded into my stomach. I had no symptoms. Can’t really say if I had lost restriction because I had been unfilled for about 2 years because of lung cancer. Well decided to start filling up and whoa and behold, I’m eroded. My doctor does all fills under flouro and saw the barium go over the band and not through it. So I will be losing my band September 13.

I was also told that once you erode, the chance of eroding again with another band is very high. So those that were re-banded, how is that working? I don’t plan on doing anything for 3 years (that will be my 5 year cancer free mark) and I was thinking I might get the sleeve at that time because of the risk of another band eroding. Would love to hear what you re-banders have to say.

Thanks in advance for your input,

Barb

Well, first of all congratulations on being a survivor!!!!! I don't think a reband is in your future....they say it is a bad idea. Many ppl are very happy converting to a sleeve after lapband removal. If I slip again that is what I will do.

Best wishes,

Mimi

I unfortuately had to have my band removed in Dec due to erosion..almost died in the process, because I only weighed about 93 lbs...anywho I have gained almost all of my weight back and now the insurance company will not pay for a reband...I don't meet the criteria because my BMI is 32!!! Seriously...so I have to gain all of my weight back to be qualified? I am sooooo depressed right now...I hate going out, I hate seeing ppl I knew when I was thin, I really really hate myself...I look in the mirror and I see the huge fat girl again...that i thought I left behind 2 years ago...So I really hate insurance companies!! WHY...I am supposed to go home and see my family and I am so ashamed of the weight gain...I dont want to go! HELP ME

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches