Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tried my 1st protein drink

Ok I tried my very first Protein drink!!! It wasn't that bad, but in no means did I consider it to be good. I immediately gargled with listerine following, the after taste was the worst part. It would be so great if protein came in a injection or pill form......LOL!!

Was it a premixed one? I found that those are pretty nasty. I buy Protein Powder and mix it with skim milk along with a pkg of Carnation Instant Breakfast. That way it not only tastes better it also has alot of Vitamins and another 5g of Protein.< /span>

Yes it was the Isopure RTD. On the packet info given the bariatric coordinator its says not to drink slim fast, boost, and carnation instant breakfast for Protein supplement. I can already tell that this is going to be a challenge for me!!!!!

Was it a premixed one? I found that those are pretty nasty. I buy protein powder and mix it with skim milk along with a pkg of Carnation Instant Breakfast. That way it not only tastes better it also has alot of Vitamins and another 5g of protein.

Yes it was the Isopure RTD. On the packet info given the bariatric coordinator its says not to drink slim fast, boost, and carnation instant breakfast for Protein supplement. I can already tell that this is going to be a challenge for me!!!!!

I drink the Carnation for the taste and Vitamins. The extra Protein is a bonus.

Try Unjury or Muscle Milk Light - those are the best in my opinion!

\

Ok I tried my very first Protein drink!!! It wasn't that bad, but in no means did I consider it to be good. I immediately gargled with listerine following, the after taste was the worst part. It would be so great if protein came in a injection or pill form......LOL!!

I was told to try muscle milk light also or the ProX portein powder they sell at Wal Mart I was also told by the nutritionist the only realy for not doing slimfast or boost is they do not have enough protien in them so I asked what of I added a scoop or two of the Protein powder to them and drank it that way and she said she saw no reason why that would not be fine so Iam going to buy some of the new boost low sugar ones and add the portein powder to it and see how I like it Iam just not sure about doing it with slimfast because Iam not sure how much sugar is in slimfast I heard it was a lot.

I was told slimfast has too much sugar. I use Body Fortress from Walmart. It's ok. Slight aftertaste.

I just discovered body fortress at Walmart. Best one ive tried so far. $15 for a large tub.

FYI.... The Lap Band website has a great list of recipes.< /p>