Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! I would love to become very active in these forums. I could use all the support I can get. I am 2 years post op and am the same weight since my surgery. My biggest problem is I am a picky eater, so the foods I like get stuck, so then I turn to foods I shouldnt be eating because I can actually get them down, like baked chips, etc...

I am a stay at home wife and mother, living in Brooklyn, NY. I need to be able to be more active for my 4 year old. I admit it, I am lazy. I dont exercise, my weight embarasses me, so I dont go out as much as I should, etc...

Hopefully reading and interacting with those that share the same experiences will motivate me. I wish there was a switch that would help me do the things I lack motivation in, but some people just do not understand. The brain does not work that way. I feel like I used all of the willpower I had in quitting smoking, which I did 13 years ago.

So, that is me in a raw nutshell. I have been meaning to introduce myself and just decided let me do it now while I have it in mind, so I just typed furiously. lol Please excuse the ranting. :)

Hope to get to know you all! Be well

Rachel

you have to make up in your mind that this is for you and no one else, the hardest part should have been deciding to have the surgery, get up and go.. you'll be able to do it, block out the ppl you see outside.. when i go walking i see alot of ppl that look much bigger thank i, but, i am proud of them, because they are doing something to help themselves.. so can u.

Hello! I would love to become very active in these forums. I could use all the support I can get. I am 2 years post op and am the same weight since my surgery. My biggest problem is I am a picky eater, so the foods I like get stuck, so then I turn to foods I shouldnt be eating because I can actually get them down, like baked chips, etc...

I am a stay at home wife and mother, living in Brooklyn, NY. I need to be able to be more active for my 4 year old. I admit it, I am lazy. I dont exercise, my weight embarasses me, so I dont go out as much as I should, etc...

Hopefully reading and interacting with those that share the same experiences will motivate me. I wish there was a switch that would help me do the things I lack motivation in, but some people just do not understand. The brain does not work that way. I feel like I used all of the willpower I had in quitting smoking, which I did 13 years ago.

So, that is me in a raw nutshell. I have been meaning to introduce myself and just decided let me do it now while I have it in mind, so I just typed furiously. lol Please excuse the ranting. :)

Hope to get to know you all! Be well

Rachel

to be honest reading your post made me really sad.. im sure alot of ppl on this site can understand the feeling of hating your weight and not wanting to do anything or go anywhere! but getting that surgery was a way to change your life! im lazy too thats how i got this way in the first place, but i want to change how i look and feel. even if its just a walk in the park with your kid.. or walk to the store instead of driving. you were givin a second chance on your health and weight and you should take full advantage of this! you risked your life going under for surgery and you owe it to your 4 yr old and yourself to make it worth it!! once you start excersing and little by little the lbs start coming off that will be the boost you need. When you say picky eater what do u like to eat? ive been using baby bowls to eat evertything to monitor portions.. because honestly you can have pizza if u want, just have one slice or even TWO and have a side salad with it. my dietician taught me u dont have to starve yourself to lose weight or just eat veggies 24/7 its all in Portion Control and balancing nutrition. im sorry for going on and on it just you seem like a real good person and i want ot see you succeed! you went thru so much to get and have the surgery for it to lead no where is a big disappointment. i wish you the best of luck with everything!