Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Uggg, TOM and cheat day!

So I started my TOM yesterday and had an awful day cheating. My first no-no was that I had a bite of my son's donut! Then I did ok for lunch and had a ceaser chicken salad. But then my family ordered pizza for dinner, so I had one peice of pizza and two chicken wings. And to top it off I had about 10 M&M's. Yuck, I felt awful!

Luckily it only lasted a day and I was back to myself this morning.

I think you need to re-read what you just wrote. "I ate one piece of pizza, two chicken wings, and 10 m&ms." :unsure:

And don't forget that one bite of a donut!

LOL...you have to enjoy life a little.

How much would you have eaten pre-lapband? I know before my surgery, I could easily eat 3-4 slices of pizza, plus breadsticks, and still have had room for a King Size package of m&ms!

We will have days like that-the point is to simply reflect on how you could have handled it differently and learn from it and move on. The band isn't going anywhere and with proper fills it will help deter you from some bad choices. We all have been there-I can't wait until I feel more restricction so I can better manage my Portion Control.< /p>

Good luck to you!:)

Don't beat yourself up about it, that's the worst thing you could do. Take it as a learning experience and move on. And like the others said, I'm sure you ate A LOT less on your "binge" than you would have pre-surgery! That's progress! :)

You guys are sweet. Yes it would have been worse pre-lapband. Every Friday night is pizza night at my house and I have been so good since being banded with those nights. But it just hit my TOM on the right day and the right mood. It really didnt do to much damage. But I really dont cheat that much, so I am being hard on myself. Tonight I had a scoop of ice cream, but I was still under my calories for the day and I walked an extra round the track to make up for it. :lol:

My work brought donuts in today and i was strong enough to resist. Then they brought the pizza....which is my ultimate weakness. I gave in and had a half of a large slice. It was so good that i cant regret it....i havnt had pizza like that in about 7 weeks! But...it was a once in a while thing and i wont make a habit of it. The important thing is long term success,...and i plan on being a goody goody forvthe rest of the week :)