Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just want to chew something!!

I was banded on July 25th and have been on a liquid diet since the 24th. I have 5 more days to go before I can start eating some mushie foods. I am getting tired of having to drink everything and just want something to chew! There is no doubt in my mind I will not give up and eat mushies before I am supposed to. I am also out of work for 6 weeks total post surgery for healing time. Not suppsed to lift more then 20 lbs, can't do this, can't do that.... between being bored out of my skull and not "eating/chewing" anything I will be ready for the nut house! LOL I guess I am just venting and looking for a little support. Thanks

Scott

I was banded on July 25th and have been on a liquid diet since the 24th. I have 5 more days to go before I can start eating some mushie foods. I am getting tired of having to drink everything and just want something to chew! There is no doubt in my mind I will not give up and eat mushies before I am supposed to. I am also out of work for 6 weeks total post surgery for healing time. Not suppsed to lift more then 20 lbs, can't do this, can't do that.... between being bored out of my skull and not "eating/chewing" anything I will be ready for the nut house! LOL I guess I am just venting and looking for a little support. Thanks

Scott

wow... I was banded on the 26th and I started mushies yesterday. I am back to work as well ( I do have an office job). I guess it just depends on your doc as to what your restrictions are.

I was banded on June 8th and had to do Clear Liquids for 5 days post-op before being allowed to add in Protein Shakes for 2 full weeks. I remember at about 1 1/2 weeks post-op I thought I was going crazy! All I wanted to do was chew something! I was ready to throw the stupid Protein shakes out the window LOL. Every commercial on tv was had something to do with food, I was going crazy. Right after that weekend I was completely fine. Its like a rite of passage for those of us who are banded, you just come out stronger on the other end. When it was time to switch to mushy foods I thought it was the happiest day of my life!

Hang in there I know it is tough. I had a very hard time after surgery since I was only allowed broth, Jello and Protein shakes. I had to start the diet 2 weeks before the surgery so 4 weeks total.

I wont lie, toward the end of my liquid phase I started having a little bit of fat free cottage cheese and I ended up having some fat free, smooth blended pea Soup. The shakes started making me sick to my stomach so I had to do something to get Protein in.

I dont suggest you go against your doctor orders, just sharing my experience.

You are doing great!

Thanks everyone for your encourageing words! I know I can do it, I am just getting grumpy without something to chew! LOL I am almost afraid I will eat to much or to fast when I finally get to have something since it's been to long. Tomorrow is my first post op apt with my doc. Wonder what kind of news I will get. Probably look at my stomach and say "yep looks good see you in 10 days" and waste my time and gas. But who knows. Talk to everyone soon!

Scott

Scott, I am RIGHT THERE WITH YOU! lol I was banded on July 29; did 2 weeks of shakes 2 weeks prior to Sx also and 2 weeks shakes post op! Had follow up appointment, wasnt getting my Protein in becuz the milky sweet shakes were making me sick (really gag'g). So I switched to Isopure, much better, & they told me I can go to mushies 2 days earlier- So Wed is my day!! I did CHEAT 2day, had 3 cheetos puffs (HEAVEN!!) and that satisfied me! Just cant wait til Wed! Already went grocery shopping today! lol We can do this! And for the food police- Cheetos puffs dissolve to nothing! so I didnt swallow anything! Good Luck to all of us!