Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi! I'm 18! I am both frightened and excited to be here!

I've struggled with my weight my whole life and diets have never worked for me in the past. I was recommended to the lapband surgery by my wonderful aunt who got the surgery over five years ago. When I finally turned 18 in March I decided to follow up with the recommendation and I researched it until my fingers fell off and here I am! My parents' insurance was approved and I have already met with the nutritionist (That was FUN. I got to impress her will everything I've learned from research and The Biggest Loser... Haha) and tomorrow evening I meet with the psychiatrist (I have no idea what to expect with that. Any ideas?). Then, of course, the all-important seminar is this Saturday for me.

:)

Oddly enough, I have been very brave and excited throughout this whole process up until now. I've read this forum for so long and I'm so scared about whether or not I will fit in here! I'm sure I will survive. Probably.

Anyway, my name is Mindy and it's nice to meet you all. (And I'm sorry this post was long winded and awkward).

Lovely to meet you Mindy... :seeya:

Mindy you should feel pround that you are controlling your life instead of letting the food we eat control it. Your young so now is the time to fix this before it does major health issues to you. I was worried at first but its been 5 years now and I have had my ups and downs. Be consistent and exercise. No pops and sweets or fast food. Pop was my drawback as I love it, but carbonation will loosen your band. We are all her to assist with your journey andyou won't be judged. Congrats on approval and let's start this journney together!

Oh, and I am dennis ( aka pudgyhd ) nice to meet you!

Hi Mindy, :) welcome to the site!!!! nothing to worry about around here.good luck with

everything!!!

btw I'm Tamie

Hi, Mindy. Welcome. There is really nothing to be frightened of. You are doing the best possible thing you could do for yourself. I wish lapband had been available when I was 18! Good luck to you!

be honest! i was too honest with the psychiatrist and told them i was in recovery for drugs, they postponed my surgery for 4 months and i was very upset, but in the end realized it was gods will and not mine. i wasnt meant to have the surgery then, and i just had it done this past weekend and it was the perfect time to have it done. just be honest and everything will work itself out :)