Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all,

First I must say that I love this site. The other day I was reading a blog (sorry I forgot who's). In this blog a young girl was saying that in your Lap Band AP Surgical information kit you get after you have the Band. In this kit is a card that say's **We're here for you every step of the way. Here is how.** In side is a Surgical Patient Information card.

It has:

Name

Surgery on

Surgeon

Surgeon phone#

In small print (I say small print as my eye's are old) Card holder has an Adjustable Gastric Band implanted around the stomach to restrict food intake. ect ect

***Note to **restaurants **PLEASE ALLOW THIS PERSON TO ORDER SMALLER PORTIONS AS THE AMOUNT OF FOOD THIS PERSON CAN EAT HAS BEEN GREATLY REDUCED***

This just goes to show that you need to READ everything you get from Dr's. So i must say thank you to the person that who had this on their Blog Question.

I know this will make me feel better when the time come's to go out to eat with friends and family.

Stay well stay healthy all.

Mary

Such a great idea!!

I did not get a card like that but I did get a card for emergency unfills (directions on how to do it) and a tip card to avoiding PB'ing. I will suggest this to my clinic though - it is a great idea - especially if you went out for a family dinner to a buffet! Who wants to waste $25 on a buffet when you eat like a 2 year old! - They only pay $4.00!!

Exactley ! Show your card and save !

I usually pull the restaurant server aside and tell them about the band. So far, I have received major discounts at buffets, etc., and I know they look at my plates. One asked me "is that all you can eat?" and I said "no, but it is all that I want to." I was so proud of myself. I used to be able to kill the buffet and felt the need to get my $23 worth of food. Now, I feel better when I eat less. The smaller bill is a benefit, too!

You don't need to get it from your doctor. You can get it right from Allergan: ID Card