Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone's port area hurt after sitting for long periods

My port area is right next to my belly button, and I have noticed that if I sit for a long period, it starts to get very tender and sore. It is located right where I bend over and granted I dont have the need to sit alot during the day. I went to a meeting for my son's football team tonight and we had to sit down for about 2 hours and it really started to get sore, so much so that I had to stand for awhile.

Does anyone else have this feeling? I am over 3 months post op, so not sure how long this might be tender for or if this is going to be the new norm. ?!? Thanks!

yes mine does. Happens all the time.

I am 11 months out and mine hurt when I sleep. I sleep on my stomach so I have to try not to lay on my left side as much.

I'm 6 mths post op and mine hurts when I drive for a long time. I think all of the jiggleing in the car does something to it. I just got one of those elastic tummy bands to see if it helps. We are leaving for vaca tomorrow and have a 24 hour drive. I'm hoping it helps.

yuck, im sorry you have such a long drive. have fun on your vaca!

I got my band 7/19/11. My pain seemed to be pretty much gone until yesterday. I came back to work on Monday. Yesterday my left side just under my bra line started to hurt. Got worse through the day. Got home and laid down on my left side. Up popped this knot the size of half a golf ball mabye... I moved around, took a shower, watched some tv with my husband and was fine. Went to bed laid on my left side (BTW the FNP told me to always lay on my left side) and here is the knot again. I turn on the right and fell asleep just fine. About 3 AM I woke from a dead sleep with a sharp pain in the same spot. Called the doc this morning and she says she thinks my port is moving. I work in a hospital other than the one I had surgery in so I had a nurse friend of mine check it out and there doesn't seem to be any infection but the pain! I'm not a baby by any means. I have a high pain tollerance but this is making me nuts! I'm told and from what I read here I guess the port sight is an isssue for people. :( Having had other laproscopic procedures I didn't expect this level of pain. So ready for it to get better.

I have that problem once in a while but most of the time it is because I have pants that sit at my waist and when I sit it pushes close to the port. I have found that if I have low rise pants is doesnt seem to bother me.

I'm almost 2 months post op, and mine doesn't hurt at all anymore, but mine is also on my left side, and not by my belly button. I imagine if it were in a place where I fold or bend it might get jostled more.

I think mine does if I sit a different way. Every so often i get a pain near it when I sit. The other day I was at the apple store getting a new computer and while I was sitting there waiting for the new OS to be installed I started having pains in my abdomen/muscle area. I was thinking I pulled something at kickboxing that morning, but basically after I got up it felt fine again. So I guess it was the way I was sitting. Also happened once at the movies. Maybe it is the way my bra was sitting on it or something, because it it a few inches below my bra line