Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have my Date !!

Hi Everyone,

I want to say thank you to everyone - with here & smartbandsters - you have all so helped me with my decision to go forward.

I have my date - 2-15-06 !! It will be with Dr. Simpson in Phoenix. I am a self pay. So - hope all goes well.

The procedure is done as an outpatient - with the opportunity to stay overnight if needed. We live in Tucson - about 100 miles away - so we will be spending the night in Phoenix, even if I do not stay at the hospital.

So - what should I expect that day & the next few days??

Thanks

Diane

278/???/150

Congratulations!!! I am only a week out from surgery and am doing well. The day of surgery is easy enough...just a little nervous, but you don't remember anything until you're waking up in the recovery room. Then you're a little sore (but the meds help a lot), and they get you up within a few hours to walk and pee. I went home the next day after a gastrograff (?) swallow. That was the worst...it was bitter and thick. Sicne I've been home, the gas has been the worst thing, but walking helps with that. Days 3 and 4 were fairly miserable, but I woke up on day 5 feeling like a new person. So just remember that you WILL get better. You'll be fine. Isn't it exciting to be on the brink of a new adventure??

Emily

Congrats, Diane!

I will be banded on 2/06/06 - I am getting very excited!! (except my doc will probably have a hangover from the big game... what was I thinking? lol)

Good Luck to all of us!

:]

Hi,

Thanks for the support. I am so excited. Can not wait to get this going. So - where is your surgery? I am sure you will do fine.

Thanks,

Diane

Hi Emily,

Thanks for all the info. I have not really had a chance to talk to anyone who has had this done - just emails. I am taking 5 days off work - so I hope to ok.

Good luck on your adventure too.

Thanks

Diane

Hi Janet,

Wow - that is great - we are both on the same date. I am 5'6" - we have close to the same weight loss. Are you an out-patient or spending the night?

Good luck and let me know how you are doing.

Diane

Our doc requires us to spend 1 night. Hehe, he's super-duper careful of obese patients. I'll let him pamper me. :)

My biggest worry at the moment is that I won't lose the stupid 10 pounds to get started. My husband lost 10 pounds & I lost 1 at last count, lol. We don't have a scale big enough (of course), so I have no idea where I'm at, lol. Next Thursday is our Pre-op appt, so that's the do-or-die day. :bananapowerslide:

Can't believe it's really happening!! :bananapartyhat: