Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how many times have u PBed?

I dont know anymore.

I need a clear definition of a PB

MY first PB:

I had a PB after I was filled in Mexico and it was this ordeal that lasted Hours and was OMG Horrific and OUT OF CONTROL and completely Scary.. It felt like I was choking the whole time. I was crying my head off, I was at the airport and slime just fell out of my mouth with no warning like every 10 minutes for 3 hours and my clothes were soaked and there was slime all around my bench outside as I waited for my ride at 1am..

MY SECOND PB:

THEN... it stopped.. THAN that morning LIKE A FRIGGIN IDIOT... I leaned off my bed, grabbed my pills (tiny little contin pills) and I took two with a tiny sip of Water or juice.... I CHOKED ON THEM FOR 9 hours... THEN they came up completely intact!

So for the next 30 hours I was gagging and spitting up on my own saliva, no other liquids were tolerated, immediate pain in my chest and spitting up that hurt alot.. I had an emergency unfill in my ER with a spinal needle (they had never done that before)

Soooooooooooooooo..

Thats what I think a PB is..

I have NEVER had one since.. I never plan on having one again.

I am very carefull and I stop eating or drinking the minute It feels weird.

I am affraid of the PB

BUT, I slime..sometimes.. From a tiny spit to a thicker kind of slimey gag.

Soooooooooooo.. I never feel a 'golf ball' feeling with the slime.. (LIKE I DID with those two PB's above)

BUT as I read, it sounds like a Slime is a PB??

ORRRRRRRRRRR WHAT is a PB exactly..

I know its called A productive Burp... BUT I ate a couple Cookies one night and felt alittle pain in my chest for 5 minutes and then I has a big hiccup and the pain went away... (it was a mild mild occurance, just one I usually dont get my self even close to) SOoooooooooooo, was that A BURP llike hiccup and it was productive??

A slime to me is when I take the first or second bite and I get this feeling that can only be releived by spitting it out.. No food comes out, just some slime and so I wait to eat till later..I DONT HAVE TO spit it out, it is just alittle annoying, so I do.. Its NOt choking and nothing is Stuck.. I just dont like the feelind and I spit it out and wait to eat till later.

I mean, I dont know IF I can eat until I try.. so If I try and get this feeling and spit out some slime, than I know I am not open enough to eat.

I know I rambled.. And that usually I ramble for no reason and I am not always open to people advising me.

BUt this time.. I am, I really really want advice and oppinions about this issue..

THANK YOU

P.s,, My slimes are never something that has to happen.. they do not happen uncontrollably,.... I make them happen. I spit up cuz I want to, Not cuz my body is forcing me to..

I dont know if thats necessary info or not..

sounds like your 1st pbing was food, barium, Water or mucus, that came up, and the 2nd one your band is tight in the morning and you should sip some Water or tea-coffee b4 taking your meds,

I thought that Pbing was when u spit up the food you just ate and it has slime on it and sometimes its just slim and water build up.

I've been banded for 3yrs so I could be wrong any other suggestions.....

Chill, I'm sorry to hear about this. Mine doesn't seem like it is something I do on purpose, but I can see where I am happy about it sometimes and how that could lead to worse problems. I had a bad episode last night so I will be on liquids for a few days. I am actually backing up on Water today, so I know I am way tight. I hope having the unfill will help with the anorexia. It is a scary disease. Thank goodness you saw what you were doing and had the unfill to work on getting healthy. Good luck and let us know your progress.

Kim,

Thanks for the advise, I realized what I was doing the first year, and the second year I didn't want to go thru all that throwing up and being hungry and gorging so I just didn't eat. Even though I'm 173lbs now I'm eating, trying to be healthy but did have a hamburger last night and it took a long time to eat. Yes, anorexia is scary as is bulemia too. Going to get a fill next friday probably. Don't want to go anymore backwards in my weight loss.

Leanna