Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

prayers and white lights please!

This weekend is really rough. I go back for the results from the latest round of test on Tuesday, but that feels like a lifetime away.

I found a message board for Cushing's and now I'm completely freaked out. I've gotta stop doing this to myself. I cried myself to sleep last night over the things that I read on the board.

Vines - Please, please, please don't read anymore about anything till you get your results. It will make you go crazy, think all kinds of bad things that might not even pertain to you. Believe me, I have been there and done that before. Just put it to rest, keep yourself busy and don't read another thing. There will be plenty of time for you to look up and study anything afterwards, but maybe you won't even have to do that at all.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you! Now, go take a hot bubble bath, do your nails and read a romance book! Or a good mystery!

Hugs!

Oh Vines, Here's a big hug and many prayers coming your way. Please stop driving yourself crazy reading the internet. Listen to what the doctors say. Good Luck on Tuesday. You will be in my thoughts. :)

Sending all the happy thoughts I can muster up your way, Crystal, along with a big hug.

If you need to talk, I'm here...

Vines, you clear the bad thoughts out of your head. Go do something you love to do. Sending good thougths and prayers your way.

I agree with Betty. Although it's practically impossible to stop doing it, quit reading the boards. I've visited lots of boards for different reasons, and WITH THE LBT BOARD AS AN EXCEPTION, have mostly found that the people on the message boards are pessimistic, whiney, and wallow too much. I would push that idea to the curb, talk to your doctor, and deal in the reality of what is said. Ask him for support group ideas, and keep looking for a discussion/message board that has warm and upbeat people, like this one! Holding your hand, long distance, Cindy

VQ, I remember when I was first diagnosed hypothyroid, I did the same thing. Reading the sob stories of people with the same condition totally freaked me out, until I took a deep breath and realized: Hey, I don't feel like that. That doesn't apply to me! And I went on my merry way.

Nothing matters but the way YOU feel. You know that. You just have to believe it. And we know you will. :) :nod:

Frettin' n' stewin' is what Chris calls it. I do it all the time, but it's useless. I have to get a lung cat scan this week so I have similar ants in the pants, but that's why I rode the bull. Gotta keep living. Go shopping, enjoy life, put on your belly dancing outfit and live, live, live!

Crystal, put on your sunglasses cause I'm sending some powerful white light your way. Good luck Tuesday!

Just remember, the people who do all that writing are dwelling on those things instead of getting out and rebuking them. Alot of them hypochondriacal and wallowing in their diagnosis, some their whole lives. Attitude is 90% of ANYTHING.. :) It's tough, been there, done that.. absorbed every single thing I could read, even psychologically took myself to lots of those places, then clawed my way back to MY OWN reality.. :) It's much better in the sunshine.. I'll pray that you get good news.. and if the news isn't the best, I'll pray that you are blessed with the peace and strength that exists to live with it and move forward..