Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd fill today

It's been slightly over 4 weeks since my first fill and I need this one really bad! Two nights ago I was able to eat 2 slices of pizza! That was very bad I know! I was in and out of the doctors office in 10 minutes. She didn't ask me anything about my eating habits and really any questions other when I had my first fill. I was a little disappointed and she nor the NUT commented on the 10 pounds I lost since my last visit. She had me sit up so she could feel the port better, then lay back down.

Do you guys lay down for the fill or sit up?

She did tell me she gave me 1cc and now I have a total of 3ccs in a 10cc band. I drank the Water with no problem at all. I had a realization in the office. I always went by people's fills on this board-like fill #3 was the magic fill or #5 did the trick., but you need to consider your body and the amount of the fill For me 3ccs = fills, for someone lese 3ccs=3 fills. The point being that each doctor put in different amounts and you can't really compare someone else's fill to yours.

The NUT said I need to have 1 Protein Shake a day. I said I thought no shakes because the band works with solids. She said I should have a shake as a snack, not a Meal Replacement because I need the extra Protein.< /p>

I am really hoping the 3ccs helps to control the hunger monster!

I went shopping afterwards and bought a cute bathing suit that was 1 size smaller! I love those miracle suits!!

I had my second fill today too!!!!! I am also hoping it helps a bit because my first fill did nothing (which I expected) and I was eating too much, although I did not gain any weight, thank goodness!!!!! My first fill I had 3.5cc and today I got 1.5cc so I am at a total of 5cc. I have to do liquids today and sat and then mushie sunday and monday. Do you have to do anything like that after a fill?? Good Luck NJ!!!!! :D

I had my second fill today too!!!!! I am also hoping it helps a bit because my first fill did nothing (which I expected) and I was eating too much, although I did not gain any weight, thank goodness!!!!! My first fill I had 3.5cc and today I got 1.5cc so I am at a total of 5cc. I have to do liquids today and sat and then mushie sunday and monday. Do you have to do anything like that after a fill?? Good Luck NJ!!!!! :D

I am jealous!! I don't think this fill did a damn thing- I wish my doc was more aggressive with fills like yours!

I mean come'on it's been 2 months-give a girl a break with the fills! I am going back in 2 weeks if things don't improve! They didn't even say anything about liquids but I know from last time I was on liquids for 24 hours. I hope corona lights count as liquids because I had 2 tonight! I still feel hungry too, but I barely ate anything today.

First of all...CONGRATS on the 10 lbs NJGirl!!! That is great!!

I had my 2nd fill on Wednesday. It's been 5 weeks since my first fill. I was so worried that I had not lost any weight since we had been on vacation and even though I was being pretty careful about my food choices, I wasn't being REALLY careful...we were on vacation! My doctor had me lay down, too. He told me that I had 7 cc's in my band and that he was putting another .5 cc into it. He asked me how much I had put in at my first fill but I told him that I forgot to ask and I wasn't told. I didn't think that 1/2 a cc was going to do anything for me. However, I did lose 6 pounds since my last fill! That was HUGE for me because I've also been able to eat too much in one sitting. We have pizza once a week and I can easily eat 2 slices.

My doctor asked me what has changed since my last visit (when I had gained 3 pounds)? I told him that I have been walking more and that I have basically cut red meat out of my diet and only eat chicken, fish, or turkey. And I realized that I have stopped snacking, grazing, eating in between meals. He asked if I thought the band was doing what I had hoped? I said that I think it is, simply because it makes me more aware of everything I put in my mouth. But that I'm still concerned that I do not have the restriction that other people say they have. I'm also concerned that I'm eating too much at one time. He said to just keep making small changes and suggested that I start to wean myself off of carbs. I was so relieved that he was giving me encouragement after the frustrating visit I had the last time I saw him.

YAY for us!!

I forgot to tell you nj! The NP has me lay down on the table and when he goes to feel the port he asked me to lift my head and shoulders like doing a crunch, he says its to help the muscles push the port to the surface more. once he felt it he had me lay back down. When I expressed my worry to him about being so hungry after having one fill already, he said that was normal. He told me that I was doing great bc even though I didnt loose any weight, I didnt gain either. The NP said most people gain even after their first fill. He said that it is common to not really feel restriction until after the third fill. I guess we have to be patient! LOL its hard for me I know! Im just so anxious!!! :) Also, even though my office is more agressive with fills, I dont go back for 3 weeks at a time. Your office is bringing you back every 2 weeks, which I think is great. Some people respond well to 1/2 cc, and slow and steady seems to be the name of this game... KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK EVERYONE!!!! WE WILL GET THERE!!!! :D

I am so glad I got on today. I have only had one fill and of course being my impatient self, was very frustrated that I still am not in the place I want to be. I have lost very little weight since my surgery. However, I made it through girls camp, vacation and cub scout camp without gaining any weight and losing just a little. There was food and Snacks around everywhere, and it was so hot I know I drank with my meals without even thinking about it. Anyway, it is always good to hear I am not alone in my frustrations and a good reminder that I need to be more patient. I am eating healthier, exercising more and feeling better in my clothes, so no matter what.. I am still having a positive experience. ( Except for stuck food and throwing up once after trying to eat my breakfast.. what a yucky learning experience that was!!) Anyway, thanks guys.. Just keep doing it!! We will get there!

Thanks everyone! Today I do feel a little different with my fill. I could eat watermelon after my first fill, now it sounds like a garbage disposal when I eat watermelon and I had to stop because it felt like the beginning o=stage of being stuck. I could only et 1/3 of a hot dog and threw the roll away. Had a very small piece of chicken. My stomach felt a little upset today foodwise. So I feel my 2nd fill has done something different and I feel uneasy and a little sick if I eat too much. I'll give it some more time! Each fill gets me a little closer to where I should be!

Hi! I'm new to this forum but I just got my second fill today! To answer your question, I have to lay down when I get filled. I felt like my first fill did absolutely nothing because I NEVER felt full. I also haven't thrown up once since I got my band, which is supposed to be a good thing. But still, I rarely feel full. I just stop eating because I know I'm supposed to. Anyway, I have a total of 5cc now, so let's hope this works!

It's been slightly over 4 weeks since my first fill and I need this one really bad! Two nights ago I was able to eat 2 slices of pizza! That was very bad I know! I was in and out of the doctors office in 10 minutes. She didn't ask me anything about my eating habits and really any questions other when I had my first fill. I was a little disappointed and she nor the NUT commented on the 10 pounds I lost since my last visit. She had me sit up so she could feel the port better, then lay back down.

Do you guys lay down for the fill or sit up?

She did tell me she gave me 1cc and now I have a total of 3ccs in a 10cc band. I drank the Water with no problem at all. I had a realization in the office. I always went by people's fills on this board-like fill #3 was the magic fill or #5 did the trick., but you need to consider your body and the amount of the fill For me 3ccs = fills, for someone lese 3ccs=3 fills. The point being that each doctor put in different amounts and you can't really compare someone else's fill to yours.

The NUT said I need to have 1 Protein shake a day. I said I thought no shakes because the band works with solids. She said I should have a shake as a snack, not a meal replacement because I need the extra Protein.< /p>

I am really hoping the 3ccs helps to control the hunger monster!

I went shopping afterwards and bought a cute bathing suit that was 1 size smaller! I love those miracle suits!!