Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Upper Left Abdominal Pain

I was banded in August of 2010 and have lost 75lbs. For the last 3 months I have not lost any weight but my body seems to be reshaping it's self as some of my close are getting loose...so I really wasn't worried at first. I've had slight pain at the port site before and the gas pains affter surgry.

This pain is different it started a week ago: I am haveing pain in the upper left side of my stomache and somewhat on the side under my arm pit as well. Its a cramping pain sometimes and others a slight burning pain it comes and goes. I will get it after eating sometimes but not always I can have a peice of pinapple and I'm fine today but tomorrow it's not ok. It usually last 15-20 min. I called my Lap Band doctor and was told it didn't sound like a lap band problem and to call my family doctor I saw her and was told it was most likely constipation...I've been doing what she said for the last two days and takeing the medication but I don't seem to be having any relief from the pain even thought the medication is makeing me use the ladies room as it were. I guess I'm just worrying (I tend to) but has anyone else had this type of pain before.

I've had similar pain in my port area when eating (it isn't always there, but sometimes - I was banded April 2008). I get a lot of uncomfortable sensations and pains in my left rib area - which I believe now is tubing. My port is in my chest and my tube runs beneath my breast and around my rib area...also found out recently I have about 3 ft of tube in me - which would contribute to the strange pains I get. I don't think mine and yours are related - however, it could be tubing, gas...you may want to get your band doctor to check you out again. They sometimes say it is nothing - but ask for tests run (upper gi, endoscopy, etc.)...I'd rather be overcautious than compliant....

I was banded June 28th and I had pain in the port area,seemed to get much better until i went on vacation this past week and was in the ocean swimming and I woke up the next morning it was like i was punched in the belly,my port site still hurts when i try to lay on my stomach.i am so nervous I did something to it.I will be calling the dr tomorrow just to be safe,but any idea on what could have happend?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches