Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Desperate in Canada.

Ive just found out the Dr i was refered to is no longer taking on new patients. I had my surgery in Mexico...If anyone can help me find a Dr in Canada, preferable in or near MAnitoba, i would really, really be greatfull.

Ive just found out the Dr i was refered to is no longer taking on new patients. I had my surgery in Mexico...If anyone can help me find a Dr in Canada, preferable in or near MAnitoba, i would really, really be greatfull.

Well this won't help much, but if your willing to travel Henry Ford Bariatric Center in Detroit, Michigan takes your Ins.....

They are a very good Hospital in Detroit.

Canadians come over by the Bus full, to see our Surgeons.

Mine was Dr. Jeffrey Genaw Bariatric/General Surgeon. He is a very good Surgeon.

I know that's a ride, but you will not be alone Trust Me. Look them up on the Internet, and see what you think.

It is a Center of Excellence, and he is in charge..

If you have no hope at all ! Here is a Rey of hope, at a Excellent place.

Good Luck, Shirley.

thank you very much. If i have to travel, i have to treavel. I will be checking them out.

Im not giving up..this is just a road block, i guess i needed a slight Detour, lol.

Well this won't help much, but if your willing to travel Henry Ford Bariatric Center in Detroit, Michigan takes your Ins.....

They are a very good Hospital in Detroit.

Canadians come over by the Bus full, to see our Surgeons.

Mine was Dr. Jeffrey Genaw Bariatric/General Surgeon. He is a very good Surgeon.

I know that's a ride, but you will not be alone Trust Me. Look them up on the Internet, and see what you think.

It is a Center of Excellence, and he is in charge..

If you have no hope at all ! Here is a Rey of hope, at a Excellent place.

Good Luck, Shirley.

thank you very much. If i have to travel, i have to treavel. I will be checking them out.

Im not giving up..this is just a road block, i guess i needed a slight Detour, lol.

It's closer then Mexico...

LOL...that it is.

It's closer then Mexico...

Come to SWLC in Mississauga ON.... They are great!

I did write to them, they replied and said that for $5000 they would take me on as a patient. A little more than my budget will allow...

Hospital Angeles in Mexico will do the fill for free i just have to get there which is about $600. If i need it i will go there.

But thank you very much for your support and suggestion. I do appreciate that so many are concerned enough to try and help me.

Come to SWLC in Mississauga ON.... They are great!

SO...i did find a Nurse Practitioner out of Saskatoon, Sk, Canada. Checked her out, and everything seemed fine. Just went for my first fill on the 20th.

Everything went really smoothly, she was very proffesional and made me feel comfortable, explainging every detail of what she was doing. I didn't feel a thing during it all, that part i like,lol..im a whimp when it comes to pain.

I had gained back 13lbs of the 50 i lost...but back on track now. thank you all for your help, and suggestions...

Go to fill center USA. It will call for a zip code, then might give you a location. If not click on a state close to you, and fill centers will pop up in that state if there are any.

Also try a fill center CANADA it can't hurt. There is one in TROY, Michigan

Good Luck.

just curious....also had my surgery at Hospital Angeles...now need my first fill. I live just outside of Toronto....how did you find the nurse practitioner in your area and how much does she charge for a fill. The reason I went to Mexico is because it was a third of the cost of having it done in Canada...so another $5000 for fills is out of the question! True...cheaper to fly to Mexico!

thanks

Originally i asked my facilitator through Hospital Angeles who i would see in my area. Did they not give you a referal?

Unfortunately i think the lady i found, i found by sheer luck. I just kept searching online for anyone i could find. Unfortunately she is no longer taking new patients. I think that being near toronto you should be able to find clinics near you that will do the fill. I only say that as i wasn going to orriginally go through with "slimband" which i believe is based in toronto.

Sorry i couldn't be of more help. I really hope you are able to find someone.

thanks tdbad1...I haven't called any of the centers in Toronto yet, just saw lots of posts saying they either won't take patients banded in mexico or the cost is $5000. I know someone who went to Ottawa (5hr drive and $100/fill) and I can do that...although would have preferred to pay a little extra and stay closer to home!

Ouch, thats steep. Guess the companys care more about the bottom line than about thier patients. It likely would have been easier to have the surgery done here in canada, but i don't know bout you...i would have had to motgage my house to have it done. Worse case senario, you would have to fly back down to Mexico. Although concidering how well i was treated there, its not an impossible option, if i ever need to. The Hospitla Angeles people , actually all the Mexican ppl i came into contact with went out of the thier way to take care of me and my sister.