Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I found this today on Dr. Spivak's website. You may have read it already but thought I would post . I will miss Dr Spivak he is a great surgeon and a very nice and sweet man. Dear Patients, Friends, and Colleagues:

You may have already heard that I am closing down my office on July 1, 2011. I have accepted a position as the head of the Center for the treatment of morbid obesity at the Chaim Sheba Medical Center (http://eng.sheba.co.il/) at Tel Hashomer, in Israel. Adjacent to Tel Aviv, it is the most comprehensive medical center in the Middle East, renowned for its leading-edge medicine. Tel Hashomer is the largest hospital in Israel and one of most advanced in the world. It is also a sister hospital to the MD Anderson Cancer Center and has exchange programs with other hospitals in Houston. I will be in charge of the surgical and medical treatment of morbid obesity. I will take part in advanced minimally invasive surgeries, coordinate research, and explore new frontiers in the field.

My family and I love Houston and its wonderful people. The decision to accept this new position and move back to Israel has not been easy for us, but we now recognize that it is a move we must make at this point in our lives.

I have arranged with my colleagues, Dr. Terry Scarborough and Dr. Sherman Yu at Texas Laparoscopic Consultants (http://www.tlcsurgery.com/), located on the 9th floor in the same building as my office, to accept my patients and respect, in full, all previous arrangements my patients and I had. I have complete confidence in these excellent surgeons and I know my patients will find a great practice there to continue their care.

My office manager, Brenda, is staying at least until the end of this year to facilitate patients’ transition to their new practice.

If you would like to reach me, please call Brenda or look for me on Facebook (details will be posted later).

Below please find Texas laparoscopic Consultants letter.

Sincerely,

Hadar Spivak, MD

Dear Dr. Spivak's Patients,

We will miss Dr. Spivak as much as many of you will as well. His departure will leave a void in the Houston Bariatric Community, as he is a well respected and influential surgeon in this field. However, we understand and respect his desire to pursue an academic career in one of the top medical centers in the Middle East. The Chaim Sheba Medical Center is very lucky to have him.

For the last 3 years, since moving on from the University of Texas-Houston medical school, we have developed a comprehensive weight loss surgery center here at Park Plaza. Over the course of that time, we have often helped cover Dr. Spivak's patients and in fact have likely seen some of you already as patients. Texas Laparoscopic Consultants is looking forward to extending our complete care to all of Dr. Spivak's patients, and we will continue to respect the previous arrangements that you may have made with his office as well. To this end, we are excited to have Brenda in our office to help with this transition.

Please feel free to call us at 713-493-7700 to arrange for your appointment today and to answer any questions that you may have. For more information about Drs. Sherman Yu and Terry Scarborough please go to www.tlcsurgery.com.

Sincerely,

The Team at Texas Laparoscopic Consultants

1200 Binz St. #950

Houston, TX 77004

Cheri

That should say Dr. Spivak - Replacements sorry.

Cheri