Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Short Waisted

I am wondering if anyone else out there shares the same problem I have? I am pretty darn short waisted and two of my incisions are right at my waistband. I know one was just an access point for the doc's instrument, but one of the sites is my port. Anyone experience this? What kind of problems if any have you had w/your port site because of the constant rubbing and pressure?

Ouch! My port is right at my waist. And I'm short waisted. The incisions aren't a problem...they are in a small arch across my stomach. Even the port incision is above my waist band. But the actual port gets squished if I sit just so and it's a bit aggravating at times. On the other hand, I like my port and it's location, I guess just because it's MY port. So I tolerate it.

Many of the pants are low waisted these days, and that's helpful, but anything is in the way. Oh well.

I'm short waisted. The first year it was pretty hard for me to wear jeans with a very tight waist-band. Even today, 2.5 yrs out, if I sit bent for too long or wear too tight waist, I'll still get sore on occasion. Some exercise also tends to make me tender, but good news.. you're port migrates as you lose weight, so things do get better..

I am short waisted too. My port site is just above my waist. Sometimes I worry that if I bend over, the waist band of my jeans will push on my port and flip it. My doctor says that this is very unlikey to happen.

I am only about 3 1/2 weeks post surgery and my port site is still a little tender but it feels sooooo much better than that first week or two after surgery!

I'm long waisted -but if I poke around in my belly button I can feel my port. It's pretty low. I don't worry about it though because I am probably never going to wear a bare midriff!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches