Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Turtle Tribe Role Call

Hello Turtles, my dear sweet Turtles. I just wanted to do a quick role call because I feel like I'm missing some of my Tribe.

I know that I'm feeling very discouraged, and I am sure that other turtles are as well. What with the holiday's being over, and the January doledrums setting in.

I know that we can get through this together. I just know it.

I'm here, I'm here. I just posted on the 'Slow Loser' thread.

I have an awesome new job that unfortunately requires that I travel more than 3 weeks out of every month. When I'm on the raod, I don't have an opportunity to check in, except on weekends.

I'm still turtleing along here. No weight loss, in.... I don't know... three months?!?! But - no weight gain either! And that was through the holidays AND a CRUISE. There is no way I could have done that without my band.

Hang in there turtles!

I'm here, I'm here! Almost 10 months banded and down 34 pounds. And holding. It's a season of growth, spiritually, mostly, for me and I can sense it. So I'll wait it out, learn and grow, get back in there and lose some more soon. I have time. And I'm feeling good, actually, at what I have been able to accomplish so far. But I'm yearning for more to come off the scale.

Hang in there, gang. We can do this thing!!!

I'm here too. Just turtling along and enjoying life, for the most part. People are saying that I look like I've lost again, even though the scale doesn't show more than a 3-4 pound loss. I'm constantly surprised by how my body reshapes itself.

I only have ten months left for my FDA trial and then it's over. When it's over, I may have to pay for aftercare out of pocket so I am going to set up an appointment to check my band health and my mental health. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the roll call, vines.

Megan

I'm here too! Sixteen weeks out and 9 lbs. lost. My doc promises he will fill me every 2 weeks until I get some real restriction so I hope to lose something soon. The holidays are over and depression has set in. Did I really spend $20K for 10 lbs?

Kristi, stop thinking of this in terms of dollars to pounds. That is a loosing proposition. Start tracking your NSVs. You spent that money to get your health back (nag nag nag).

Well, I just love this thread, 'cause I see I'm not alone. I lost 19 lbs preop, but only 8 since surgery 6 weeks ago! I have my first fill tomorrow, but I am almost at the point of cancelling, out of embarassment to show my doc I've only lost three lbs since the postop visit 5 weeks ago. I'm walking around in shame, and I just hate that feeling! I'm dreading tomorrow like you wouldn't believe.

Well, I just love this thread, 'cause I see I'm not alone. I lost 19 lbs preop, but only 8 since surgery 6 weeks ago! I have my first fill tomorrow, but I am almost at the point of cancelling, out of embarassment to show my doc I've only lost three lbs since the postop visit 5 weeks ago. I'm walking around in shame, and I just hate that feeling! I'm dreading tomorrow like you wouldn't believe.

Hey Charlee, chances are you are not a turtle. You haven't had a fill, so you can't really be expected to lose weight. The band isn't designed to work without a fill. You wait and see, once you get your restriction right, chances are the weight will just fall off of you.

Any weight loss between the time of surgery and fill is BONUS and not an indication of how much weight you are going to lose, or how fast you are going to lose it.

My doc promises he will fill me every 2 weeks until I get some real restriction so I hope to lose something soon. The holidays are over and depression has set in. Did I really spend $20K for 10 lbs?

I spent $15K for 7 lbs. I know what you mean. I am getting so mad. I had first fill last week, and go back next week for the second. I am going to keep going till I lose more.

Forget turtle. I'm a snail.

I'm here. No loss since August, except for 5 lbs I gained and lost. It's REALLY getting old. Of course, I'm depressed today for other reasons, which makes it all that much worse. On a good day I start to get optimistic again. My sister who I visited this weekend told me it looked like I'd lost, so maybe the gym is starting to work again. I dunno.

Blarg.

I think I need to join you guys. Went for my 2nd fill today, another .5cc for a total of 1cc. In 6 weeks, I lost a whopping 3 lbs....sigh...

Bren

I'm here! I lost down to 172.4 first week in January and I'm back to 175 and between again, HOWEVER.. I started aqua aerobics AND I went to my closet this weekend and clothes I've had bought for over a year and been unable to wear NOW FIT!! So, again, maybe I'm working on toning and building muscle and my body is just compacting until the new muscle starts helping to burn the fat. :( We'll see with a few more aerobics classes and I see a personal trainer this evening so I'm TURNING UP THE VOLUME on exercise. If I never lose another lb, I FEEL GREAT!!