Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm one week post op................my breath is sooooooo bad. I'm brushing and rinsing all the time but PU!!! I bought the Listerine breah strips but i dont feel like they really help. ANy thing I can do about it? Does it get better when we eat food, I'm still on liquids!!!:o

I had horrible breath for a while there. I think it was a combination of the Protein Shakes and being in ketosis. No amount of tooth brushing could counter it. Only time. In the interim, buy a tongue scraper, drink lots of Water, brush your teeth a lot and give people a little distance!

Had the same problem~~~ now that I am on foods it is not bad

I'm pretty sure it's the ketosis from having such low carbs on the liquids. I get like that when I'm high Protein and low carb or even when I'm hardly having any calories. It's hard to get rid of, I used to chew gum (before banding) to try and mask it. Tongue scraping is good and talk with your mouth away from others. ;) It should go away once you add in more "food" and get higher carbs or more calories.

I'm one week post op................my breath is sooooooo bad. I'm brushing and rinsing all the time but PU!!! I bought the Listerine breah strips but i dont feel like they really help. ANy thing I can do about it? Does it get better when we eat food, I'm still on liquids!!!:o

Lemon is the cure. Suck on lemon flavored hard candy or drink lemonade. Minute maid makes a light lemonade in 2 liters or 12 packs. It's non-carbonated and only has 10 calories. I still remember how horrible that was in the liquid stage!

Ahhhhh ..So this is why????

I notice it when I wake up in the morning. Yuck!!!! I haven't noticed during the day but I drink TONS of Water everyday; maybe that's why??;)

If you noticed your tongue also being coated in a thick which stuff, you were in ketosis. When the body chemistry shifts from the normal pathway of glyconeogenesis to fat burning glycolosis and starts converting the glycoben/fat of the old stored cheeseburgers around our waists, bad breath occurs.

It actually is a good thing, showing we are going into the phase we need to enter in our early postOp recovery. We typically will be losing most of our weight daily during this period. Be sure to drink PLENTY of Water during this period.

Check out "Krebs cycle" in Guytons Physiology for a thrilling update on digestive processes on a most basic level, if academic medical texts don't put you in a coma.

Once we return to a non-ketotic higher calorie intake of above around the 4-500 level, that odor will disappear over a few days. For those doing an actual true *fast*, the tongue will return to a sweet tasting pink as the coating goes away with the odor.

If you noticed your tongue also being coated in a thick white stuff, you were in ketosis. When the body chemistry shifts from the normal pathway of glyconeogenesis to fat burning glycolosis and starts converting the glycoben/fat of the old stored cheeseburgers around our waists, bad breath occurs.

It actually is a good thing, showing we are going into the phase we need to enter in our early postOp recovery. We typically will be losing most of our weight daily during this period. Be sure to drink PLENTY of Water during this period.

Check out "Krebs cycle" in Guytons Physiology for a thrilling update on digestive processes on a most basic level, if academic medical texts don't put you in a coma.

Once we return to a non-ketotic higher calorie intake of above around the 4-500 level, that odor will disappear over a few days. For those doing an actual true *fast*, the tongue will return to a sweet tasting pink as the coating goes away with the odor.

If you noticed your tongue also being coated in a thick white stuff, you were in ketosis. When the body chemistry shifts from the normal pathway of glyconeogenesis to fat burning glycolosis and starts converting the glycogen/fat of the old stored cheeseburgers around our waists, bad breath occurs.

It actually is a good thing, showing we are going into the phase we need to enter in our early postOp recovery. We typically will be losing at a faster pace during this period. Be sure to drink PLENTY of Water during this period.