Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Possible Lap Band Slip

About a month ago I had started getting sick alot so my doctor tried several times to do unfills and it didn't work. About 5 weeks ago he did a complete unfill and said I had to wait to get an upper GI in 8 weeks which I have scheduled for July 26th. Now all of a sudden I am getting acid reflux and sometimes getting sick. I am not hungry which I find not normal since I have nothing in my band. Does this sound like a possible slip?:unsure:

About a month ago I had started getting sick alot so my doctor tried several times to do unfills and it didn't work. About 5 weeks ago he did a complete unfill and said I had to wait to get an upper GI in 8 weeks which I have scheduled for July 26th. Now all of a sudden I am getting acid reflux and sometimes getting sick. I am not hungry which I find not normal since I have nothing in my band. Does this sound like a possible slip?:unsure:

You should call your doctor and tell him that you're starting to have reflux and getting sick sometimes. Maybe he can do a barium swallow to see if your band slipped. I wouldn't wait 8 weeks for an upper GI if your symptoms are changing.

Hi, I have had my band for ten years and never had any problem ever untill three mo. ago. All of a sudden I started getting reflux at night. I can't remember when I might have thrown up hard enough to have done anything to make it slip. I had my band put on in Mexico and was getting my fills in Chicago, five hundred miles from home. It was time for a fill, gone four yrs w/o one and called for appt ,found out that Dr. was not doing them anymore. months went by, still having reflux few times a week , I finally begged a Dr. at home to fill me..no one wants to touch a patient who was banded out of the country...I got my fill then Dr. left for two week vacation...nightmare!!!!My band was toooooo tight and couldn't get anyone to unfill me so for twenty seven daysz I had dry heaves, went to er for hydration, lost twenty four pounds in twenty seven days but could have died.The violent dry heaves had made my stomach slip....The band doesn't slip(usually) part of the stomach comes up through the band and caused tremendous pain. I didn't get nauseated just pain. My fill dr. is new to the whole band thing so he ordered an upper gi and said the band looks fine. I had him unfill 1cc but I felt my stomack was cut on the outside or it felt like that. You get to know your band. I knew my stomach was injured so I told him to do a totall unfill. He did and it felt 75% better and I gave it six weeks to heal( gained back all the weight I just lost) now I have had two fills and still no restrictions and hope he will do another. I have no insurance so I am paying two hundred frigen dollars for each time and racked up fourteen hundred dollars and still am pigging out.....very depressing. I think everyones banding and body is unique and I'd say go with your gut.no pun intended...best thing was to get unfilled and start over. Hope this helps me and I hope I have given you some info you can use...good luck...Lynnette, Mo.