Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm a wine drinkier and have had no problems with that - but its occasional, I'm not an every day drinker like my parents. they open a bottle every night. I find I get very fat very quickly if I do that. Occasionally I'll have a beer and it causes me no discomfort or problems. I dont drink sweet cocktails/mixed drinks and such, ever. I've never really liked them and they're huuuuuuuge calories.

've

I'm a wine drinkier and have had no problems with that - but its occasional, I'm not an every day drinker like my parents. they open a bottle every night. I find I get very fat very quickly if I do that. Occasionally I'll have a beer and it causes me no discomfort or problems. I dont drink sweet cocktails/mixed drinks and such, ever. I've never really liked them and they're huuuuuuuge calories.

I'm loving the Skinny Girl Margaritas.

I buy the one by Bethenny Frankel but I ordered one at TGIF and they had berries muddled in the glass so that's what I do. I muddle some blackberries or a couple of strawberries in a glass and a little bit of Splenda with ice and it's good.

I also like the vodka with one of my diet Snapple Iced teas. I have not had any carbonated drinks since my surgery and I will continue to stay away from that. I'm so glad to be out of my Diet Coke habit.

Honestly though I need to stay away from alcohol altogether . I find that it stalls my losses and if I was not having the drinks on the weekend I'm sure I would have lost more by now.

I'm like the poster up thread I can go for weeks without having a drink and then I see someone on Tv with a nice frosty looking cocktail and then I have one and continue that for a while until I decide to stop so I'm gonna stop now. cool.gif

I asked my surgeon about this one, because I like to have a drink every once in a while. He said " you have to live " I agree. He also said it is "not good to drink empty calories. So one my eighth day out of surgery, I had 1/4 of a skinny margarita!! It was so good and well deserved. I was a little afraid to drink the entire thing. Then I had a Bloody Mary, 125 calories plus I am getting V8 which as plenty of nutrients. It was so good I then got a second virgin (V8). My burps were not pleasantohmy.gif, but I didn't feel as guilty for consuming alcohol.

Did I feel tipsy? After the 1/4 of margarita and bloody mary that was in a small plastic cup.. I felt like I drank the equivalent to 3-4 beers..blink.gif

So live life. Be aware. Have Fun. biggrin.gif

Time2BHealthy,

I got the margarita and strawberry daquiri flavors of the sugar free on-the-go packets at Target, and they are the Target brand Market Pantry. They have 5 calories per serving. They also have a recipe on the back to create the alcholic version...for 1 drink it calls for 2 oz. light rum.

They are right next to the Crystal Light packets....maybe even CL has those same flavors? I just know that when I bought mine I got 6 different flavors and each box was almost $1.00 cheaper than the CL, so I went with store brand over name brand!!! :D They even have some more "exotic" flavors like strawberry dragonfruit and blackberry that sound more like the flavored SOBE waters.....Right now I have 10 different flavors of the packets in my pantry; have yet to try them all, but I am working on it!!!

kristi