Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone -

I have a question have any of you done a treadmill stress test? And what it involves? I have to past this test and get it signed off from my cardio doctor before my dr will summit for approval from my insurance. Going this Wednesday..... I am already started on 1700 calorie diet with a Protein shake for one of my meals. I have cut out all caffiene for about two months do you think that will be a plus.... thanks for taking the time to answer.....:rolleyes:

Hello Everyone -

I have a question have any of you done a treadmill stress test? And what it involves? I have to past this test and get it signed off from my cardio doctor before my dr will summit for approval from my insurance. Going this Wednesday..... I am already started on 1700 calorie diet with a Protein shake for one of my meals. I have cut out all caffiene for about two months do you think that will be a plus.... thanks for taking the time to answer.....:rolleyes:

I had to do a treadmill test also. I went in and they did a sonogram of my heart first. It took about 30 mins. Then I went in for the treadmill test. They did a resting EKG and took my blood pressure. Then I got on the treadmill and was still hooked up. It started slow and got faster and inclined. I had to get my heart rate up to a certain number but I can't remember. Once it was there she stopped it. It only took maybe 10-15 mins, and was a lot easier than I thought.

I was freaking out when I found out I had to do a stress test.

I thought I was gunna die! Haha.

So basically you take your shirt & bra off, lay down, and she takes an ultra sound of your heart.

Then you get on the treadmill (with your shirt still off, thats the only awkward part) and they have to get your heartrate up. Mine was to 180 beats per minute or bpm. I literally was only on the treadmill for like 9 minutes... and I didnt get up to anything more than a slow jog. (Im out of shape, obviously! lol)

So then you jump off the treadmill real quick, lay back down and she does an ultra sound of your heart after "stress" has been put on it.

Its no big deal at all! Good luck =]

Hello Everyone -

Thank you so much for answering I was so freaking out since I already had and echo done none doctor had ordered a stress test. Once I get the okay from cardio doctor its waiting for the insurance approval..... Ahhhh the joy of waiting.

Hello Everyone -

I had to do a treadmill test also. I went in and they did a sonogram of my heart first. It took about 30 mins. Then I went in for the treadmill test. They did a resting EKG and took my blood pressure. Then I got on the treadmill and was still hooked up. It started slow and got faster and inclined. I had to get my heart rate up to a certain number but I can't remember. Once it was there she stopped it. It only took maybe 10-15 mins, and was a lot easier than I thought.