Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feelin blah :0(

I haven't felt like this since I got the band! I feel like I'm a failure! I haven't been doing things like I should. I say I've " cheated ", but it's not really cheating. I just had a ice cream cone the other day. It was a beautiful day out, our first real Summer day, and we went for ice cream. I only ate 1/2, but still feel like crap. Now I can't even forgive myself. I'm so pissed off. I had made it to 253 lbs!!!! I started at 278. Now I'm back at 255. I can't lose anything now. It's been 3 days and nothing. Plus I cant seem to get myself motivated to exercise after working 9 hrs. Plus I need another fill I think, but I'm such a chicken and hate the stabbing scene. :0( To sum it up I feel like a failure!

Be gentle on yourself. You're not perfect and this journey won't be perfect either. 2 lbs is not the end of the world and you will have up and downs. Some people recommend only weighing once a week. 1/2 of an ice cream cone is not that big of deal. Just get back on the "bandwagon".

On your exercise, just say I'm going to walk 10 minutes. I bet if you get started you will feel like doing more. A little exercise will help with the doldrums too.

Remember this is a marathon not a sprint. And you aren't just dieting you are changing the way you eat forever. We all need a little reward once in awhile. I think a little ice cream is the perfect reward for all your hard work!

Seems we all have those days. I am aiming for a lifestyle change, not a diet. Even though I have had ice cream a few times, I feel I have been successful at the lifestyle change. I eat mostly for health, and I almost never feel deprived. I have had some SLOW weeks recently (scale moves up and down), but that must be par for the course because I've heard it so much.

Be proud of the changes you are making! It is hard but worth the effort.

Even though ice cream may not be the best choice, if all you ate was 1/2 cone, please don't beat yourself up about it. We are making changes not going to diet for the rest of our lives. I plan on eating things like cake and ice cream...when I am ready. I just know instead of a triple scoop I will have one or less. It's not about giving up things we love, its about eating healthy and limiting the quantity.

I personally am only weighing once a month. Also the 2 lbs could be Water weight. Just pay attention to the other Non scale Victories....for instance...did you know when you lose weight your clothes get longer?

Good luck!

hello everyone I just got banded june 27th and I am hurting a little where the port incision is, is this normal I feel fine otherwise but can hardly get up out of bed or if i am sitting..It is so painful like i am going to ripe my stomach open.Also my voice keeps going in and out and i get this phlemy cough..Is this all part of the recovery and when should i start feeling less pain?

Take it easy on yourself! You are in no way a failure. So you had some ice cream...were you ever planning on never eating ice cream again? You have to allow yourself a treat once in a while otherwise it leads to binging (in my experience anyway). It's not like you're eating a pint of ice cream a night or anything, so give yourself a break. You're doing great!

Secondly, don't beat yourself up because you haven't lost any weight in three days. Don't weigh yourself more than once a week or you will drive yourself insane (believe me, I've been there). You're going to hit plateaus, you're going to be bloated from that TOM, etc. Just keep plugging along and the weight will come off. Get a fill if you think you need one...it's really not so bad, but it certainly isn't my favorite way to spend the afternoon. It will help. Good luck and keep up the good work!

I am going thru the same thing right now. I haven't lost a pound in over a week. Driving me crazy.....sometimes I think the body is saying "hey slow down let me catch up".

hello everyone I just got banded june 27th and I am hurting a little where the port incision is, is this normal I feel fine otherwise but can hardly get up out of bed or if i am sitting..It is so painful like i am going to ripe my stomach open.Also my voice keeps going in and out and i get this phlemy cough..Is this all part of the recovery and when should i start feeling less pain?

Walk, walk, and walk some more. I know it's hard but this will help EVERYTHING!!! It will move the gas around and allows your lungs to open up so you can cough. You'll feel so much better. I was banded on Monday. Thank goodness my sister, whose an RN, came to keep me on the right track!