Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! Does anyone know the restrictions on swimming after surgery? I'm going in on the 30th of June (and I'm really nervous) but I wasn't sure how long the port area took to heal and if there were any swimming restrictions.

Hello! Does anyone know the restrictions on swimming after surgery? I'm going in on the 30th of June (and I'm really nervous) but I wasn't sure how long the port area took to heal and if there were any swimming restrictions.

My doctor said to wait four weeks to swim in your own pool and six weeks to swim in a public pool, lake, river, or ocean.

i was wondering the same thing.......I am ready to go to the lake, but sounds like I will have to wait!

My doctor said no swimming for a month, and no hot tubs or soaking either.

My doctor says 2 weeks. I'm learning quickly that all doctors have their own rules so I would just call and ask :-)

Mine was 2 weeks as well.

Call you doctor. Mine said 2 weeks. I was a pretty active swimmer before surgery (1 hr day/7 days a week. Highly recommend getting a Water proof MP3 player if you do lap swimming makes time go so much faster.

Once your wounds are completely healed shut. For some people that could be two weeks, for others six weeks. You just don't want a venue for infection.