Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Camping trip and week 4

I am about a week away from my first fill. I was banded on June 2nd and get my first fill on July 5th. I have been on a camping trip for the last 2 weeks and all these friends seem to do is want to eat. I have done very well I think but I am finding that this last week I seem to be able to eat more. Will the first fill help me restrict this. I am proud to say I have had no cokes, chips or bread for 1 month now and that was my habit foods. I am trying to eat only Protein and for some reason I am eating a lot of cottage cheese and Tomato chopped up. I have never ate that but it is delicious now and I think it is good for me. I have lost 7 lbs. at the first weight in but I haven't weighted since, can't wait to see how I have done at the 1 month mark. About how long did it take to see any difference in the way you look? I realize this is a slow process but I will be so excited when I can see just a little change.

It seems to take 3-4 fills for a lot of people. Your probably hungrier now because the swelling from surgery went down. I would say I really saw a change after I lost about 15 pounds. Congrats on your surgery and keep up the good work.

I had my first fill 4 days ago and I definitely fee a difference! When I went outto eat I could only eat a very small portion of what I ordered and gave my hubby the rest. I am not as hungry between meals either! From my understanding the eefcts if the first fill are short lived, but I am enjoying it so far. My doc used the fluro. xray for the first fill and maybe that made a difference in ensuring the right amount?

Congrats on making such great changes in your eating habits!

As far as when you can see a difference- well I guess that depends on your starting weight and how much you have to lose. At 20 ponds down I can feel a difference and my waistline is being more defined.

Good luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• buildabetteranna

I have my final approval from my insurance, only thing holding up things is one last x-ray needed, which I have scheduled for the fourth of next month, which is my birthday.

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches