Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,

I was banded on Wednesday, June 22nd and today I feel like I'm pregnant. My stomach if so full like it's going to pop. My incisions are actually more sore with all the pressure. I know it's gas and I've walked which helps release it. But I have not used the restroom since my surgery. I don't mean to gross anyone out, but has anyone else experience this? :o

PK

You haven't eaten anything in 3 days....longer if you were on a pre op liquid diet. There's nothing in there to come out. Don't worry. It's normal.

Hello,

I was banded on Wednesday, June 22nd and today I feel like I'm pregnant. My stomach if so full like it's going to pop. My incisions are actually more sore with all the pressure. I know it's gas and I've walked which helps release it. But I have not used the restroom since my surgery. I don't mean to gross anyone out, but has anyone else experience this? :o

PK

I was banded Fri., June 24 and I know exactly how you feel. I've peed a lot, but no b.m. Not too worried about it yet. I just wish I didn't feel like I'd been punched in the stomach. Only been drinking liquids, but, man, I walk alot and still no relief.:o

I'll try that thank you.

EVERYONE GET GAS X STRIPS.........

Yes you're right, I haven't eaten in three days, i started on sugar free Jello and popsicles yesterday. I guess there's nothing to push out, i just hate the bloated feeling. But thanks for telling me this is normal, i mentally feel better.:)

You haven't eaten anything in 3 days....longer if you were on a pre op liquid diet. There's nothing in there to come out. Don't worry. It's normal.

Congratulations!!! Glad to be experiencing this with someone at the same time. :D

I was banded Fri., June 24 and I know exactly how you feel. I've peed a lot, but no b.m. Not too worried about it yet. I just wish I didn't feel like I'd been punched in the stomach. Only been drinking liquids, but, man, I walk alot and still no relief.:o

Being... ahem... backed up after surgery is totally normal. Once that problem goes away you'll probably have the other one, which I just call "liquid in = liquid out". Also totally normal! It'll all regulate once you start back on mushy foods.

I was banded June 20 and it's normal.....wait a few days and you will start having liquid out....not fun!!! I still feel bloated and pregnant but not having any gas pains, thankfully. You will probably be bloated for a few weeks. Once you start having "real" food, other than the liquids, your bathroom habits will become more normal. Hang in there!!! :mellow:

:lol: You're funny. thanks for the information and making me laugh. Although I can't laugh to hard, it's still painful.

Being... ahem... backed up after surgery is totally normal. Once that problem goes away you'll probably have the other one, which I just call "liquid in = liquid out". Also totally normal! It'll all regulate once you start back on mushy foods.

:) Wow a few weeks of bloated gas. I'm not looking forward to that, but it's good to know this is the normal process of things.

I was banded June 20 and it's normal.....wait a few days and you will start having liquid out....not fun!!! I still feel bloated and pregnant but not having any gas pains, thankfully. You will probably be bloated for a few weeks. Once you start having "real" food, other than the liquids, your bathroom habits will become more normal. Hang in there!!! :mellow:

It will get better,,, a little every day !

I was also banded on June 20th *waves hi to Kitty!!* I had my first BM on Wed. It was super uncomfortable and really "pebbely" sorry to be gross. I was prescribed liquid colace and it tastes NASTY. I only take it because 1) it works, and 2) you actually should call your dr and ask how long it should be before you have a BM or pass gas from below. This is important, because anesthesia can actually put your GI to sleep and your doctor should know if it hasn't "woken up again". I also know that narcotic pain meds can cause Constipation. I would call my doctor's office and ask to speak to one of the nurses. They can probably help decipher if your experiencing something normal, or if you have an actual problem.

Just my 2cents!