Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sadly another Lopez erosion...

My local friend was banded in Oct of 2003 by Dr. Lopez. After having port problems after a C-section she finally was able to get an endoscopy this past Monday. We were supposed to get together this evening but I was starting to freak out because I couldn't get a hold of her. I finally called the hospital to see if she was still there and sure enough she was. Evidently she had a very bad case of erosion with a bad infection. Aside from the constant port problems this past year she had absolutely no other symptoms and felt fine. We had asked several other band doctors about having an endoscopy done and none thought it was neccessary until she went to this particular doctor. Anyway I just wanted to let everyone know. She reads these boards frequently but rarely posts.

How sad! Teresa I thought it was you when I saw the post! I'm certainly glad it wasn't! We've missed you around here girl, you need to come and post with us again!:cake: :cake: :cake:

That's horrible. Is Dr. Lopez the Dr in Mexico? When you check out his website(the doc in MX) it is very inviting and reassuring to patients that there is nothing to worry about and that he hasn't had any problems with the lap band procedure yet. That is very sad, I myself considered going there for surgery if my insurance did not cover it. I thank God that I have found you guys!!!

I have a silly question...I am not able to use these quite smilies can someone tell me how its done.

Thanks

ROziRoZe

Hi Betty,

No, its not me thank goodness but I wouldn't doubt it if I was eroded and didn't know it. I am going to HAVE to make a doctors appt and have an endoscopy done come hell or high Water. I get together with this girl almost weekly for the past year or so and have gotten very fond of her and her family so this is a hard blow for me. She absolutely felt fine internally and really didn't think she had eroded. She is about the same age as I am too so I can't be too comforted that I am young and therefore can avoid complications. Anyway hope everyone sends good healing vibes for her. She sounded pretty bad on the phone.

Yes, Dr. Lopez of Mexico. I agree that he seemed absolutely professional and trustworthy when I was doing my research phase for getting my band, but this is one of many recently diagnosed erosions of patients of his. Its getting very distressing to other patients of his.

Teresa - Please do get checked out, if nothing else for peace of mind. I hope and pray that you are fine. It definately has to have something to do with his procedure he uses or something to have so many right here on this board to erode.

Maybe those of you who have eroded need to have a thread under the doctors.

Teresa...Please give her my best...this saddens me deeply. This is happening too often here on LBT

There are several of us who have eroded in recent months..both from Lopez and Ortiz. When was she banded? I'm curious to know if it was around the same time frame that Lisa, Penni, Francesca and myself were banded.

She absolutely felt fine internally and really didn't think she had eroded.

I had no pain and felt fine too.

Does Lopez have a website that actually claims he hasn't had problems with the Band yet? This makes about 8 Lopez erosions in the past year alone, which means there are most likely many, many more that haven't been detected yet.

Yep, that's Lopez, though it's hard to say whether that's an old site or a new one because it shows a picture of Carmen on his staff. She's the @##$%@ doctor that told me my infected oozing port was normal. She's the one that said tubing sticking out of my infected wound was normal! She's the one that Lopez promised me was no longer associated with him.

Yet the site introduces the new Hospital Angeles, which is probably his new facility. Does this mean Carmen is back?!? If so, I feel very, very sorry for every single one of his patients. She has no right practicing any kind of medicine!

This whole LOPEZ issue just sickens me. Teresa PLEASE get an endo done. PLEASE!!!!!

The number of erosions from LOPEZ alone is staggering. He is a piece of work.

can any one of you recommend a good Dr. in California. I read that mostly all of you are located east but I am hoping anyone of you know a DR. here. Reading a lot of success stories and horror stories, I just want to be pointed in the right direction.

THANK YOU:)

Dr. Billy in Ventura, CA is my doctor and he is awesome. He removed my band when it eroded. He is such a caring and supportive doc.

I can give you his number if you want. Just PM me.

Hi All,

I am going to get an endo as soon as possible. I am going to make an appt with my family practitioner (who I really like and knows about my band) and insist he refer me to get one.