Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can anyone help me?

I was banded October 2010, lost about 20 lbs post op. Had first fill end of Jan/beginning of Feb. Had another fill after that. I believe I am at 7cc's. Since Jan I have lost approx 10 more lbs (all of it in the beginning). I haven't lost anything in sooo long, I have tried different approaches but I don't know what to do to start the weight loss. I feel like I went extreme in trying to lose this weight and I am not losing it. Does everyone count calories? I am wondering about starting with a nutritionist but not sure about the $$ involved with that approach. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have about 60 lbs to lose still and really want to do it this time......... Thank you in advance.

Sally

Can you tell us what you eat in a typical day, and how much you exercise?

I use daily plate on live strong.com to keep track of my calories, Water, Protein, carbs and weight. I also track my exercise. I have to see it in black and white. I've lost almost 60 lbs total and 41 lbs since surgery in March. Are you following your doctors instructions? Didn't they send you to a nutritionist before surgery?

OK, I started to type what I eat but I would not be being honest with you or myself if I try to list food I eat. Basically, I do not eat in am cuz of band tightness. During the rest of the day I try to make healthier choices, Protein first, limit carbs. I do eat stuff I prob shouldn't but I definately eat less food than I did pre surgery and I eat less Snacks than pre, so why wouldn't scale still move? Even if it was slow? I honestly don't think I am doing it right, I don't think that the band isn't working for me, I am not working the band and need to figure out that key to make it click in my head :o(

Can you tell us what you eat in a typical day, and how much you exercise?

He sent me to nutritionist before surgery for the required appt but not really that much help for this stage of the game, more for liquid and mushy stages. I don't even get to talk to my dr anymore really. My fills are in the hospital under flouriscope and he doesn't really have time to chat then and they say no office appt unless I have problem. It feels like I am just on my own now.

I use daily plate on live strong.com to keep track of my calories, Water, Protein, carbs and weight. I also track my exercise. I have to see it in black and white. I've lost almost 60 lbs total and 41 lbs since surgery in March. Are you following your doctors instructions? Didn't they send you to a nutritionist before surgery?

G-ma, just like for anyone, we only lose weight if we consume less than we burn. A nutritionist who specializes in bariatrics is a great place to start, especially someone who knows lap band. I imagine you spent a bunch of money getting the band so it would be worth getting the help. I also can't eat in the AM so I drink a Protein Shake, it gets me started on my Protein and keeps me from getting too hungry later. Do you know for sure you are getting at least 70 gms of protein, 64oz of Water, and my doc has me eat less than 1200 cals a day. On top of that I get between 1/2 hour and 1 hour of exercise a day. There is no magic to this, it's hard work.

Before I was banded I'd go on a diet, and I'd tell myself to make better choices. So I'd go for lunch and say "tuna is a better choice than a burger" and I'd eat the tuna and feel like I chose well, but truthfully, I would have had the tuna all along. I really think that tracking EVERYTHING you eat will really help you. There are tons of different tracking sites out there!

My weight loss crawled to a near stop in Feb and I also asked for advice/help here. The best advice I got was to up my Protein & Water intake. I recently bought a new Protein Drink that has 60g per serving and my weight is again dropping

My weight loss crawled to a near stop in Feb and I also asked for advice/help here. The best advice I got was to up my Protein & Water intake. I recently bought a new protein drink that has 60g per serving and my weight is again dropping

My weight loss crawled to a near stop in Feb and I also asked for advice/help here. The best advice I got was to up my Protein & Water intake. I recently bought a new protein drink that has 60g per serving and my weight is again dropping

Sorry you are having a hard time. That's great you are motivated to get back on track. Logging your food is a great idea. You may be surprised at how many calories your taking in. I would reduce fat and carbs as well. I have eggs almost evey morning and lean meat and a veggie for dinner. I snack on nuts, beeries and lowfat cheese sticks.

Excersise is a huge piece of the puzzle. It comes down to calories in, calories out. When you burn 36000 more than you take in you loose weight. Start out slow and gradually increas your speed/duration. You can do it! Keep up posted on how your doing.

Thank you to everyone! I really do want to make this work and I appreciate all the support.