Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

band slipped just had surgery !!

I was banded on 3/3/11, had 3 fills and never had a problem, no stucks, throwing up nothing, untill yesterday =(

i ate bites of a Farafella vegan meatball, and wham ! stuck city, it hurt so bad, i tried to walk it off but it got worse and worse.

This was my first stuck episode so I did not know what to expect, i called my NP at 3:00, she said its either going to come up or work its way down, and yes it would hurt. I told her i was in pain, Well after about a hour it decided to come up, i threw up and threw up and threw up, to the point where i was just dry heaving and nothing was comming up. I was in the worst pain in my life, i could not talk, walk, get comfy, walk, nothing it was so bad. So i called back hours later and said that i cant stop throwing up, and it hurt so bad, i also asked how long to expect this and if I could take anything for the pain, she said just sip on Water and it just has to work its course. Well now it was 6:00 and i really thought i was dying. I was concerned about slippage from all the throwing up and i was STILL in so much pain, and i still could not stop dry heaving. i tried to sleep and i passed out from crying and the pain for a bit, I woke up to more throwing up at 9pm, i could not take it anymore so i called the

emergency service and got a call back from my surgeon. Told hime the whole story and about calling the office twice and telling them about all the throwing up and they did nothing, he had me come in right away to the office.

we got there he unfilled my 7.5cc and i still was in pain, gave me a xray and of course i threw up the stuff i had to drink.

and survey said : BAND SLIPPED ! !!!!

Right to the hospital for emergency surgery, i was really upset , my dr also said they he may have to take out my bad, i burst into tears, i have done so good, and to think it would have to to have it taken out =(

when i say the worst pain in my life, no BS, i got to the point at the hospital b4 i got my pain meds b4 surgery that i wanted it out , so crazy i was crying that i may loose my band but it hurt so bad i wanted it out lol

After surgery I could not wait to find out what happend, and My band was repaired, same band and just fixed me right up. It was like nothing ever happened, pain was gone and i did not feel like i just had surgery.

now i am home, sipping my 1oz of crystal light and very upset at my Dr office !!

I feel that on my second call i should have brought in, taken out all my Fluid, and maybe this all could have been resolved with out my trip to the hospital !

any opinions????

Melissa

I am getting my surgery done on the 15th of July and I am getting very nervous from all the forums. But I already financed the procedure so I can can't back out but I really do not want to.

What could you recommend I do where I do not experience this pain and band slip. I am so sorry to hear about your troubles.

Melissa:

I suggest that you bring this issue up with your surgeon when you see him at your next post-op appointment. Make sure he knows you're upset.

Doctors rely upon their staff to pass on the important information and help take care of patients, and he needs to have it impressed upon him that his staff was not doing a good job. In my opinion, anyway.

Melissa:

I suggest that you bring this issue up with your surgeon when you see him at your next post-op appointment. Make sure he knows you're upset.

Doctors rely upon their staff to pass on the important information and help take care of patients, and he needs to have it impressed upon him that his staff was not doing a good job. In my opinion, anyway.

Thank you !! I have a apt tomorrow ( tues) with Dr Weiss, i again will tell him how upset i am, AND Truly still are. I am starting all over again, i just went through all of this in March and wham, back to a newbie again =(

I do remember right before the repair surgey Dr Weiss confirming the name of the NP i spoke to, so maybe he is on it all ready, i hope so. !!

@ Christina theese fourms are so nerve wrecking sometimes, I def recconmed to go slow, sometimes u see thatu can eat a little faster or a little more but overall everytime must be like u just came out of surgery. My last fill was on a thursday, the week b4 i got stuck and i ate the same thing b4 that got me stuck so who knows. just worry about u and what ur Dr tells you !