Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello - I'm a Newbie!

I am totally new to this forum. I was banded on 12/21/05 and have lost 20 pounds. I am back on solid foods and have actually gained a couple of pounds back. Is this normal?

I have not had a fill yet - I think the first one will be Feb.16th. Will this help? Any special diet pre or post fills? I am freaking out a bit!:cry

Well I was banded 1/16 and lost 15 lbs but i am 2 weeks into other foods and i feel like i am gaining; someone told me it is very common to gain weight until the fill? I'm starving and eating normal so why wouldn't you gain? Is this correct

From what I'm seeing in Joy, yes, this is normal. She was sitting here by the puter a while ago talking about chewing on her toenails....LOL Not really, but was telling me that she is just flat hungry. Her first fill is not until Feb 2nd.

I learned last night at a support group my Dr. does once a month, that this is very common. If we don't gain back more than 10 pounds,there is nothing to worry about. They said after the first fill the stomach opening is tightened again, and we will again be limited to the total amount of food we can eat. That made me feel better. In fact they moved the day of my first fill up - so I don't have to wait too much longer.

I will say that after about a week of eating solid foods, I did not feel as hungry, but especially when my Dr. said "EAT/DRINK PROTEIN" and that will stop the stomach growling. He suggested the Atkins drinks - especially in the morning for Breakfast. Maybe ya'll can try that!!

Well, we've tried the Atkins drinks and the DW almost heaved....LOL She is VERY picky when it comes to "liquid diets". She had a really bad experience with them about 35 years ago and now she has a phobia. We went to the health food store and she came away with Bluebonnet SOY Protein Powder. So far, so good. At least she gets it down with a minimum of effort. She throws in some strawberries and some banana and whings it in the Vitamix for a few second.

I have had the band fo almost 3 years and you have to give it time. And remember this is a tool, not the answere. There are pleanty of people who have learned to "Beat The Band". So follow your doctors advice, and go for fill's often, or when needed. If you can eat too much???? You need a fill. Talk to al lot of people, and take wht you want and leave the rest, there are no doctors here, and make sure you don't go doing something stupid, without checking with your own doctor.

Butch

That is a major bumer!! Guess that will be the end of "those treats". I get my first fill on Monday, the 30th. I'm excited!! Not thrilled about liquids for a week again, but I can handle it. I hope.

Mousecrazy, can you please tell me how to get that ticker on this? I found the website but don't know what to "push" to get it here?? Thanks!

txkrause- I was lurking and thought I would try to help. I just posted my ticker today.

After building it at the website, don't bother with the html and other codes, I had no luck with them. Open LBT- edit your signature page and find the "add a picture" button. This will open a small box where you paste the "shortcut" from the ticker website. -this is the one line of info starting with http://, it is located above the three boxes full of code. Just copy the shortcut and paste it to the little LBT box. Your ticker should appear in the "signature preview". Hope this helps.

I think I ay have done mine wrong because the link is inactive... but it looks good.

Ok, sounds like there is talk on people being hungry? Well i had my band put in 2 weeks ago and started starving this week and have been eating different things as cottage cheese and oatmeal is not fillin gme up. However I wonder do people gain weight back before the first fill? I want something sweet? I'm even hungry for a salad a piece of meat or something; please what can we have? I also have had some burning sensations inside, did anyone else have that? I get these weird pains sometimes all over and then a burning sensation, what is that?

Protein Drink:

Go to smoothie King and get the gladiator with strawberries/banannas or raspberries and bananas---47 grams of Protein and it's outstanding

Also: Labrada, many smoothie kings sell them--chocolate drink in the fridge and it has like 35 grams of protein and tastes like chocolate milk;

First - Morsaille, thanks! I did what you said (I think) and still don't see it on my page. It is on my signature page though . . . Hmm??? I'm a computer dumb dumb. Any suggestions anyone? (I"m trying to get a ticker to show up).

Second - Jamoorse - Hang in there. It gets better when you eat other foods. Make sure you are getting Protein - drink the Protein Drinks. That will fill you up more! Don't eat meat yet, your stomach isn't ready for it! You'll feel sick! I didn't have burning sensations . . . ask your Dr. about ANYTHING that concerns you. This would concern me. You may have an overactive stomach lining and with no food in there, the stomach acids are bothering you. Who knows?

I sucked on a jolly rancher once or twice and a chocolate kiss. That helped (not totally following rules) but it helped and that was important. HOpe this helps.

so how do we get a ticker and then how do we get it on here?

i feel better somewhat today; still very sore to get up out of a chair or car; i have been drinking my smoothie king Protein Drink 45 grams of Protein per shake, so good too; had eggs for lunch, more protein and now sugar free pudding, it's sooooo good; yeah i sucked on a hersey kiss, now that's mighty good; did you all lose weight even after adding soft foods and regular food then before the first fill???????????????