Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My dr had a little tool for helping me set a goal weight: starting at 5' and 100lbs, add 10lbs for every inch of your height for a reasonable weight. It puts me just outside of the healthy BMI range, but it gives me something to work towards...

Wow! 5' at 100 pounds. I am 4'11" and weight around 115. I wear size 0 at banana republic and chicos. In regular petites I wear a size 4. I cannot even begin to imagine being under a hundred pounds. My BMI is 23-anything below 25 is in the normal range.

Wow! 5' at 100 pounds. I am 4'11" and weight around 115. I wear size 0 at banana republic and chicos. In regular petites I wear a size 4. I cannot even begin to imagine being under a hundred pounds. My BMI is 23-anything below 25 is in the normal range.

Yeah....using the BMI calc from NIH, for some reason the shorter you are the more leeway you seem to have. I'm 5'6'' and according to them shouldn't weigh more than about 150, which is crazy to me. My dr actually said 155-165 would be a good range for someone with my build...

OMG, that would put me at 200lb at 5ft 10!!! That's obese! I think that formula may be more than slightly flawed.

I'm 5'4" and my doctor told me 170 is a great goal weight and then evaluate how I feel at that weight and see if I'd want to adjust it. 170 seems incredibly out of reach and overwhelming right now... But I will do short term goals. Good luck!

i like your plan!!! i keep hearing onederand - what does that mean??

i'm obviously forum challenged - i thought i was replying to Lyla with the plan to do challenges and small goals - i also like Vickyd's pandora plan - i'm going to do that one too!!!! what ever works right!!!

OMG, that would put me at 200lb at 5ft 10!!! That's obese! I think that formula may be more than slightly flawed.

Yeah, doesn't seem to work so well for tall or short people...lol. For my height it's ok, but at the end of the day I would like to be in the 145-160 range. (Preferrable closer to the 145 side)...

Hi all, I started at 278 and my doc wants me to get to 140, I would be happy with 150 which for me is just under a bmi of25. However along the way I Celebrate each 10 lbs lost. At 40 lbs I got a new hairstyle, at 50 I got a bike, at 60, which will be this week I will either treat my self to a day of shopping or a day at an auction. I think my next goal will be onederland and for that I need something BIG! I don't know what yet. I keep hoping my mother will sign me up for What not to Wear so I can get a new wardrobe and a trip to NYC.

i like your plan!!! i keep hearing onederand - what does that mean??

Onederland is below 200 pounds and above 99 pounds. When someone loses to One hundred nintey-nine pounds or less, we like to Celebrate reaching "Onederland"...or Wonderland! laugh.gif

Hi there! You and I are similar in height, but I weigh a little more; I'm 6ft tall. I weighed 352 on surgery day (June 8th), and I weigh 329 as of this morning. Anyhoo, my goal weight is 194, which I figured was decent for my height. I've had weight problems my whole life, and as an adult at my smallest I weighed 215; then had a back injury and couldn't exercise, and got up to over 400 pounds at my heaviest.

Anyhoo, I'll be happy if I can get back to 215, but I'll keep striving towards 194. Hope that gives you some perspective.

Very new to this site and wanting some support. I am in Denver Colorado, well LIttleton. What is "onederland" that some folks talk about and how do I get one of those weight loss tickers like everyone else has. I just got banded three days ago and things are going well.

Sincerely, Donna

Onderland is when the first number of your weight is a 1- you are out of the 200's. A milestone for many people.

how do I get one of those weight loss tickers like everyone else has.

go to tickerfactory.com and pick one ... then you copy the URL it creates for you in your signature under myprofile - took me a while to figure it out :)

congrats on your banding - i'm on day10 post band - feeling very good - took my 7 and 7mo old grandaughters to DC today for an American Girl Doll day at the Navy Museum - then to the new American Girl Doll store at Tysons - may have overdone it - i'm beat!!! course maybe i'm just too old to play all day like that ... good luck