Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi All…….I am in the early stages of pre opt. I had my endoscopy last week and am scheduled for echo and stress test next week. I have at least 3 to 3 ½ months before surgery. Has anyone had a delay in their surgery due to any negative test results?

Hi All…….I am in the early stages of pre opt. I had my endoscopy last week and am scheduled for echo and stress test next week. I have at least 3 to 3 ½ months before surgery. Has anyone had a delay in their surgery due to any negative test results?

When I had the cardio stress test - the cardiologist saw two possible blockages. He mentioned: you may have moved or it could just be your breast. As soon as he said that - well, I KNEW i moved to itch the side of my breast. I had never had any type of test done so I didn't know when the the tech said - don't move - she meant - do not move whatsoever under penalty of death ! The cardio wanted to do confirm (and I did too) but twice I went for an MRI and the techs were not able to get a good vein to shoot the dye in. Very, very frustrating.

Finally, after trying twice I met with the cariologist and told him - I know I moved during the first test - what can we do? I was then scheduled for a dobutermine echo (I think) and that showed that all was well. From the first stress test to the 'all is well' was just under two months. So, yes, this was a set back but I'm okay with that ... just more time for me to get my head around this new life.

Learn from me - do not move !! :)

Good luck !

When I had the cardio stress test - the cardiologist saw two possible blockages. He mentioned: you may have moved or it could just be your breast. As soon as he said that - well, I KNEW i moved to itch the side of my breast. I had never had any type of test done so I didn't know when the the tech said - don't move - she meant - do not move whatsoever under penalty of death ! The cardio wanted to do confirm (and I did too) but twice I went for an MRI and the techs were not able to get a good vein to shoot the dye in. Very, very frustrating.

Finally, after trying twice I met with the cariologist and told him - I know I moved during the first test - what can we do? I was then scheduled for a dobutermine echo (I think) and that showed that all was well. From the first stress test to the 'all is well' was just under two months. So, yes, this was a set back but I'm okay with that ... just more time for me to get my head around this new life.

Learn from me - do not move !! :)

Good luck !

Thanks, I'll try not to.....What can I expect from the psych test, I haven't made an appt. yet?

Thanks, I'll try not to.....What can I expect from the psych test, I haven't made an appt. yet?

Honestly, the guy I ended up going to was a rip off. I was back in my car in 8 minutes. And, his price doubled. His report (which spelled my name wrong) said my age, my history of weight issues, how I had good knowledge of the procedure and how I had a support system for immediately after the procedure. So I guess this was more of a drive thru psych eval - not a test at all. Sorry for any confusion.

My psych eval was very thorough, consisted of 2 appointments. First one, I took a computer generated multi-choice questionnaire and then I met with him where he got some basic information and ask me some questions. Then I went back 2 days later to discuss the questionnaire/test I took and we talked about the surgery and what my expectations were, what to expect from the team as he is part of my surgeon's team, you can only use him as your psych. He said that I was mentally healthy to make this decision and that I seemed to understand that this would be a new way of life, etc. That was about it. It wasn't too stressful. They are just checking to make sure you are a stable person and that you have put considerable time into making this life-changing decision. hope this is helpful to you. Best luck to you on your journey.