Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded in july of 05. I have lost 45 lbs. so far. I have had 2 fills.

My port has flipped and the doctor told me he over filled me last fill because it is so painful and difficult to fill my band. I HATE fills.

My problem is this: EVERYTHING I eat gets stuck. It is painful and basically a pain in the patoot! I no longer go out to eat because, I can't find anything on the menue that doesn't cause me pain. I no longer even have the desire to cheat because it's not worth the pain. I eat 3 SMALL meals a day mostly puree or liquid. I am not loosing!!!! I have been stuck at the same weight, fluxing between 2-5 lbs. for the past 2 months. I walk, I do not do much more as my legs still bother me. WHY am I not loosing and has anyone else gotten stuck at the 40lb mark? If so, WHAT did you do to get over that hump? I am very discouraged and discusted. I didnt walk into this thinking it was going to be a magic cure but I DID think I would loose more than this and faster than this. Any comments?

Karen, I agree with Betty, you ae too tight. Seeing as how an unfill is problematic due to your flipped port, I would recommend (well, I'd recommend and unfill anyway!) but for now, stick to liquids and soft mushies and do your best to up your calorie intake. You need food! Take in an extra protien shake or two, see if that helps. Maybe it will help you shed some pounds and your fill will lossen a bit.

This is not banded life, it's not how it's supposed to be, and you don't have to live this way! Your band is adjustable!

AND, 45 pounds in 6 months is nothing to sneeze at, either. I have lost less than 35 since April. You have lost 7.5 pounds a months, or about 1.8 pounds a week. That is right on track, so quit beating yourself up about your weight loss! You are doing great! Get a few hundred more calories in each day and see how that helps.

Go to www.room42.com and see how many calories you need each day to lose. Good luck!

oh man, being too tight is MISERABLE! I sure feel for you, and agree with everyone else, you need an unfill, and you need more calories. Why didn't he schedule you to fix your flip?

i have no idea why he wont flip the port back.. he said it may flip back on its own once i loose more weight. i went up in calories and actually did get some crab meat down today. so maybe its getting better. according to that metabolic calculator i should have 1200 calories a day to loose and ive been getting maybe 800 so, lets hope the change gets the fat burning again. thank u for your support. i know i probably need an unfill but to be honest i dont want to go through it again. i was black and blue for a week after last fill and its still tender.