Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you ever stop obsessing over food?

I have only had one fill and am not where I need to be as I still get hungry every few hours. My question is, do you ever stop obsessing over food? When I first wake up I think about food and continue to think about food most of the day. It is often the last thing I think about before falling asleep. Mostly I'm being very good about my calorie intake, but after having been on diets most of my life I have become food obsessed. Does it get better?

weight.png

I cab go between meals without thinking about food (and I don't have a fill yet). I have set times I eat so that heps regulate my body-it works for me. I eat at 8am (usually a shake) at 1pm and again at 6pm. I canhave ight Snacks in between like yogurt, SF applesauce, etc. but I save my snacking for 9pm and have something yummy and I canhave a ittle more since I didn't snack throughout the day (usually 1/2 banana on top of SF choc. pudding, cool whip. I also have Water throughout the day.

I do think the band helped with with snacking. Have a veggies tray set up for quick muchies. Good luck!

Yes, I did. It took a while, and I didn't even notice it happening.

I used to live for my next meal or snack. Then one day I realized that food didn't rule my thoughts any longer. I still love to eat, and I enjoy food. But it doesn't control my mind. I eat a meal and I am good to go for a few hours or longer depending on what I had. Eventually I start to get hungry (physically), and thoughts of food enter in again.

I feel that now my brain is working the way that "normal weight" peoples' brains work.

Nope. I think about food ALL the time. Almost 2 years since surgery and the obsession has not gone away. That truly sucks

It does and it doesn't. It does in that I don't wake up thinking what's for breakfast.. I even recently forgot to eat breakfast.. how weird is that? I've NEVER forgotten a meal before.

It doesn't in that I'm the chief cook for the family and have to plan the meals and buy the food.. so in that way, no I don't quit thinking about food.< /p>

And Saturdays are the day that my DH usually go out to eat.. today is Saturday so I'm sitting here thinking about where we might go... LOL.

So it gets some better.. but doesn't completely go away. :) I think it becomes normal as a previous poster said.

In the old days I would wake up and my first thought was "What am I going to eat today?" And I would go straight to the fridge. As the weight started falling off that thought changed to "How much do I weigh today?" And I would go straight to the scale. Seeing the number, and remembering the old one, gave me a new obsession. Try to find something else to think about. It gets easier.