Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Outpatient or 1 night stay??

My surgery was done on an outpatient basis. I was in the surgery center at 6am for all of the pre-op stuff, surgery was from 8am-9am, and I walked out of there at 10:30am.

I had the option of going home the same day or staying overnight. Since I was self-pay and had already paid for overnight, I opted to stay. I was too tired and it was too cold to try to go home. My surgery was Monday at noon and I was giving the okay to go home at 6pm. I went home Tuesday morning at about 11.

I had a one night stay and boy am I glad I did. I'm a weiner about pain and I really needed that night to recover from the anesthesia and also to get strong enough to walk out of the hospital.

I had a one night stay in the hospital. I was really glad that I did. My bladder went to "sleep" from the anesthesia and I was not able to fully empty my bladder. I had to have a catheter in the middle of the night. If I had gone home after the surgery, I would have had to go to an emergency room for help. As it was, I was comfortable and well taken care of in the hospital.

1 night stay. Good thing, too. It took me a while to recover from the anesthesia and get walking around. The next morning I felt more myself.

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

outpatient. I had to promise my Dr. I would stay at a motel in town, so he let me do that and then he called and checked on me there.

My doc said that they do 3 days here. I'm gonna try to see if I can be out patient. For one I am nursing and my son is not interested in solids. Two...small town and they have your nationality written on your bedcard. I have been in that hospital enough to know that not only will all the staff on the floor come to meet the AMERICAN but the patients and their visitors will too! The whole town will know all my business in no time...

I spent one night in the hospital. I don't think I would have been ready to leave. My sister and I shared a room. But, we were both out of it after the surgery. I don't think I would have cared if Osama Bin Laden was in the next bed. I slept, pushed the pain pump, walked, and slept again. We acutally spent 2 days and 1 night in the hospital because we weren't released until late afternoon the next day.