Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I cant get control of myself

I have not been behaving myself at all the last few weeks. I had my surgery August 16, 2005 and My wife had surgery August 1st which made is a lot easier having each other for support. But for the last few weeks I guess after my Disney vacation I have put on a few lbs. I started at 283 and was down to 227 but have gained about 7 or 8 pounds back. I have 3cc in my 4cc band. I know this sounds stupid but I cant tell if I'm eating around my band or if I need a fill. I mean really how much more fill can they put in me? I have been reading the post here long before my surgery and I just need to say thank the universe for this site and all of you here. You have been more help than you'll ever know over the last 6 months. Can anyone give me some advice how to get my but back in gear.:faint:

So talk a bit about what you are eating in a day? That will help decide the best course of action.

If you are eating lots of hard Proteins, getting meat in first then veggies then carbs and can eat a lot....then you need a fill.

If you are eating more mushy foods, lots of carbs, etc....then you may need to get back on track.

For me personally....I've stalled BAD on the loss....but it's because I'm eating too much bad food and drinking too much.....so if getting back on the bandwagon is what you need, I'm yer buddy. Let's climb back on together, eh?

Wow guys, got room for one more on the stalled out bandwagon? I am in the same position. It freaks me out to think that 80 pounds is all I'll loose. On the other hand, I'm exhausted all the time so I know I need to get my butt back in gear too. I think I've learned to eat things that are easy and won't make me pb or anything like that. So i'm in the same boat with you whynot!!!

I think I've learned to eat things that are easy and won't make me pb or anything like that. So i'm in the same boat with you whynot!!!

Yeah, me too. I think I'm getting stuck into mushy syndrome and that's not helping my weight loss. Yesterday I had shrimp fajitas (no tortillas) and they filled me up fast! I remembered then what I'm supposed to be eating.....can't say I'm fully back on the bandwagon but I at least got a leg up......*sigh*

Where did that post surgery motivation go?

I am totally doing the same thing..

my band is only at 1.7 right now.. but will i just continue to find more and more ways to eat around it?

I always drank alot (not alcohal) and ate crispy junk... I shoulda got the bypass I think

Where did that post surgery motivation go?

Wait! You got surgery motivation? I've been jipped! They must have forgot to put mine in...LOL. I've been starving almost every day since the middle of October!

Nykee, I have seriously been considering DS these last couple of weeks. I don't drink caloric liquids but oh! the chips and chocolate!

Well.. unless my band fails... I wont get the GB... So maybe in a few years Huh.. lol

I hear of people going over 4 ccs in a 4cc band, so go get a small fill. Somes times 1 or 2 cc's will do it. If you are not eating your protien first and are eating more "easy" foods than you should then you could have the right amount of fill and just be eating around your band. CHeck back to your bandster rules. You have done great so far. But I always say, if you think you need a fill and you are not PBing on regular food, get a fill! good luck!!

Get off the carbs and sugar, it will only make you crave more carbs and sugar..it is hard to stop once you have started , start journaling everything you put in your mouth, every single bite, it helps to see it on paper, it seems to help me make better choices with my food. Drink lots of Water to purger the crap out of your system...come here nad post when you fel like eating the wrong things, call a friend..whatever you do do not give in. You can do this..we are here to help you :)

Wait! You got surgery motivation? I've been jipped! They must have forgot to put mine in...LOL.

lol! Yeah.....for some reason I was ALL fired up post surgery. I had six good months of not putting a single bad thing in my mouth....then the holidays hit and I found that chocolate goes through the band nice and easy. It's been a downhill slide ever since.

Sigh. La Madam is right (she should know, look at her amazing success!)...gotta kick the bad stuff.

I am right there with you. I have been so discouraged the last couple of weeks. It lost 30 pounds in 2 months and then nothing in the last 3 weeks. I guess you could say I've learned to eat around the band. I just hate that awful pain in my chest when I eat something I shouldn't so I avoid things. Lately the stress of everything going on in my life has got me back to snacking. I have never been much of a sweet eater and now I want it every night for a snack. There are many people at work that have done GB and I even though I know I won't lose like them I hate this stale mate. I need help and really don't know where to turn.

Would it help to have a day a week when you can eat things you want to eat but generally shouldnt?

I find I dont need to organise this as a regular event but last week when AF arrived, I suddenly got real cravings for sweet biscuits/cookies, the plain kind with sugar sprinkled on them that you dunk in your coffee. I figured, well I'd go with it. It's all I ate all day, and entire packet of Arnott's Nice biscuits. In the past I would have eaten them, AND lunch and Breakfast and I would have figured may as well have pizza for dinner as well.

It was the right thing to do. Fine my weight went up a pound or two for a day or so, but the craving's gone and I just got right back on that wagon the next day. I find the minute you "cant" have something, you want it so I allow myself anything when I really want it. I still eat really well 99.9% of the time.

Maybe you're being too hard on yourself and thinking of going back on the wagon with no slip ups at all is making it too hard to even do at all.