Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser SoCal Refferals

Does anyone know of any doctors in the Southern California Kaiser area that are open to refferal for lapband? I tried talking about it with my current doctor but he turned kind of hostile on me. I would love to do it through Kaiser because it would be vastly cheaper, and I would be willing to go through the various hoops I have read about, I just need to get the process started. So, does anyone know of any doctors in the Kaiser circuit in Southern California that can help me out?

Just wondering if you found any info? Am also trying to do the band or slevee I know you need a referral for a 12 week. Classes but other. Then. That am Still waiting

Hi, I am also trying to get my lapband with Kaiser. I do not know what is the process. Were you able to get your physician to but in that referral for you?

Nikki

Just wondering if you found any info? Am also trying to do the band or slevee I know you need a referral for a 12 week. Classes but other. Then. That am Still waiting

Good luck from what my doctor told me Kaiser will NOT do lap band but they WILL do gastric bypass. They believes lap band causes too many complications. I have Kaiser and tried to do the Lap band with them and that's how out. Although I have to say "I'm sorry" at least my doc was really nice about it, he explained it in detail to me instead of lashing out :(

Does anyone know of any doctors in the Southern California Kaiser area that are open to refferal for lapband? I tried talking about it with my current doctor but he turned kind of hostile on me. I would love to do it through Kaiser because it would be vastly cheaper, and I would be willing to go through the various hoops I have read about, I just need to get the process started. So, does anyone know of any doctors in the Kaiser circuit in Southern California that can help me out?

Health Education.Preventative Medicine....Mr Ismail....Van Buren Office 3951 Van Buren Blvd. Riverside, Ca. 92503 951 352-7116...

I was also banded outside of Kaiser and am currently going through the process with Kaiser....Dr Ismail does the appraisal (goes over your medical info, etc...has you obtain your records...) then Kaiser has a dr that is contracted with them (I have been told there is one in Corona)...and when all is done you can get the referral to the lap band doctor....

Call and make an appointment and get it started....I am so looking forward to the money I will save!

Good Luck...

Health Education.Preventative Medicine....Mr Ismail....Van Buren Office 3951 Van Buren Blvd. Riverside, Ca. 92503 951 352-7116...

I was also banded outside of Kaiser and am currently going through the process with Kaiser....Dr Ismail does the appraisal (goes over your medical info, etc...has you obtain your records...) then Kaiser has a dr that is contracted with them (I have been told there is one in Corona)...and when all is done you can get the referral to the lap band doctor....

Call and make an appointment and get it started....I am so looking forward to the money I will save!

Good Luck...

Sorry! I thought you already had the band....Kaiser doesn't think lap bands are good...current failure rate is 40% but if you have one, like I do already, they will help you get you fills, unfills, removal, etc.....Good Luck!

I have kaiser. My primary care physician is in riverside and she gave me the referral for the 12 weeks of classes which i have finished. I am supposed to have my referral to my surgeon by the end of this week and then I can schedule my surgery date. I am getting the lap band and honestly, I have had no issues with the process and the entire process from my very first appt with my primary until now has only taken 3 1/2 months (including 12 weeks of classes). Hope that helps!

I have kaiser. My primary care physician is in riverside and she gave me the referral for the 12 weeks of classes which i have finished. I am supposed to have my referral to my surgeon by the end of this week and then I can schedule my surgery date. I am getting the lap band and honestly, I have had no issues with the process and the entire process from my very first appt with my primary until now has only taken 3 1/2 months (including 12 weeks of classes). Hope that helps!

I would seriously thing about the lap band versus other types of surgery....I have had nothing but trouble and the doctors at Kaiser told me there is a 40% failure rate....and they actually think I am doing a lot better than others that they have seen banded....they keep offering to take mine out.....

Good luck, hope yours works good for you!

I would seriously thing about the lap band versus other types of surgery....I have had nothing but trouble and the doctors at Kaiser told me there is a 40% failure rate....and they actually think I am doing a lot better than others that they have seen banded....they keep offering to take mine out.....

Good luck, hope yours works good for you!

What kind of problems are you having?

What kind of problems are you having?

I have had horrible acid reflux....as soon as I get a fill (no matter how big or small) I get the reflux....it gets so bad that I wake up throwing up acid...one night I woke up with the acid coming out of my nose...and this is taking otc medicine (which I was told to do).....this last time I ended up in er because I was so dehydrated......also have had problems with throwing up everything, including my stomach.....I have had at least 10 unfills over the last 3 years (November will be 3 years)....most of them were caused by the acid reflux....I am also now considered to have surgically induced bulimia....once the acid kicks in I end up throwing up all the time... everything, not even Water will stay down....

I am trying one more time (in a few months)....I am going to start the prescription medicine 1 week before I go for my fill...hopefully that will help so that I don't get the reflux and don't throw up....the doctor did tell me that he is concerned that even if I don't feel it there acid will still be eating at my stomach......

After 3 years and all the frustrations I am down 50 lbs....I usually end up loosing a lot of weight right before an unfill because of dehydration but that comes back on really quick once I can get liquid down...

I actually met two other women who have the same exact problem as I do.....we are all miserable "together".....and btw we all paid cash out of our pockets for this which makes it hurt even more! Hence why we keep trying...we hate to throw that much money away....