Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 4 days post surgery. I have NO energy...I know that I didn't have a lot before the surgery because of the weight, but I had more than this. I am walking around the house as much as I can. I am drinking my Protein Shakes, lots of Water, some tea. I have eaten some yogurt, applesauce, and broth. All of which is on my instructions. I would like to be doing some normal things, Am I rushing it ?

Any advice is welcome.

I know I am still on the liquid diet and that is fine, but I want to be able to do more. I really don't see how people go back to work at this stage...I am a teacher, so thankfully, I have the summer to recover and get used to my new lifestyle.

I can't get the ticker tracker to show up on here!!

wink.gif

i know what you mean, I am 3 days post op and have no energy. I don't like the Protein Shakes and can barely choke down 1- 8 oz glass in the morning and that is using milk, and a little bit of Peanut Butter in it. i would also like any advice or to know if this is normal.... I have 4 kids to keep up with and am finding it very difficult.

Relax............you've had a lot of stress and drugs in your system. Breathe, walk, sip lots should be the things on your schedule right now and the energy will come. Be good to yourself. It's a little early to push too hard yet!

YES you are rushing it. I can't imagine anyone having much energy 4 days after surgery. It took me 2 weeks to feel "normal" again.

Thanks for all of your advice...I will not try to rush it. I don't have 4 kids to keep up with...my 4 are grown, thank goodness. Hang in there and try to get them to help you!! I know that is easier said than done sometimes.

Looking forward to energy in the next couple of weeks!!

Ticker - try going on the ticker website again and entering your information and make sure you copy the correct URL. Paste it into your signature line and it should show.

4 days and no energy is pretty darn normal! I was 16 days post op before I felt pretty good (I had a little more pain than most, so if your pain has subsided fairly well, I'm sure you'll regain some energy much sooner). I returned to work 14 days post op and was extremely tired after work each day. I think it's going to take about a month to really feel totally energized, I'll be 3 weeks post op on Tuesday and I get worn out pretty easy but I'm finally not having the pain and I feel decent. Hang in there, walk as much as you can and drink lots of Water. You'll start feeling better very soon. :)

I am 4 days post surgery. I have NO energy...I know that I didn't have a lot before the surgery because of the weight, but I had more than this. I am walking around the house as much as I can. I am drinking my Protein Shakes, lots of Water, some tea. I have eaten some yogurt, applesauce, and broth. All of which is on my instructions. I would like to be doing some normal things, Am I rushing it ?

Any advice is welcome.

I know I am still on the liquid diet and that is fine, but I want to be able to do more. I really don't see how people go back to work at this stage...I am a teacher, so thankfully, I have the summer to recover and get used to my new lifestyle.

wink.gif

I was banded on the 8th, and while I've been surprised at how much energy I do have, I definitely do not have as much as usual, and in fact today, I've felt totally wiped out all day today. I even took a nap in the middle of the day which I never do. I imagine that most of our bodies' energy is focused on healing, so don't worry too much. Be kind to yourself!

U have to realize that u r not consumming very many calories so ur body doesn't have much fuel. I was super worn out for a couple of weeks.

I was completely useless for 5-7 days after surgery. Kudos to those who were out and about on day 2-3, I could not do it. Let your body heal and don't sweat it. I was dragging last week when I came back to work. I still get tired early and am 17 days post op.

Still trying to get this ticker tracker to work...UGH!!

I am 4 days post surgery. I have NO energy...I know that I didn't have a lot before the surgery because of the weight, but I had more than this. I am walking around the house as much as I can. I am drinking my Protein shakes, lots of Water, some tea. I have eaten some yogurt, applesauce, and broth. All of which is on my instructions. I would like to be doing some normal things, Am I rushing it ? Any advice is welcome.

I was banded on the 9th and today is the first day I've had much energy. Any surgery takes a toll, so give yourself a break, enjoy your down time and plan the work-out routine your going to use to make the pounds melt away.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woap9q6/]

weight.png

[/url] wink.gif

Today I seem to be feeling much better. Still taking it easy, but I did get some laundry started!! Woo Hoo!! Now maybe I'll have clean, comfortable clothes to wear. Pain is not so prominent!! Still sore, but much better. Slept better, I'm sure that helped a lot!! It is good to read everybody's experiences on here so that you kind of know what to expect. I hope everyone has a great and restful day!!

tongue.gif