Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi ! I am Timothy Greenwood. I was banded March of 2011 and have lost over 70 pounds. I am so happy I stuck to my guns and got this procedure done. I cannot recommend it highly enough to EVERYONE! Dr. DiCicco was my surgeon. He has been so supportive and helpful in all ways. I struggled with the Chiake (SP?) at the beginning and just went hungry but since I've been rolling along. I just had my band tightened a month and a half ago and the doctor is right. That's when the game changes. I thank GOD every day for the courage and support I received to go through with this. And for regaining my life. And control of my life. It's my race to win or lose now. If I can support anyone please let me know. I'm just so excited it's been nothing but a positive experience for me and I pray will continue to be so as I progress. I know I have a long way to go yet, but I WILL MAKE IT!

Timothy Greenwood

WOW Congrats on your new beginnings! :) I have not been banded yet but I would like to read about your journey so far with the band. I'm hoping I will have mine by June 30th.

WOW Congrats on your new beginnings! :) I have not been banded yet but I would like to read about your journey so far with the band. I'm hoping I will have mine by June 30th.

Best Advice I can give? DO WHAT THE DOCTOR SAYS. :rolleyes: If they say JUMP! Ask HOW HIGH? I struggled a little bit at first and just tried to tough it out. But after a few phone calls I realized help is there and the docs are there to give it. My doctor's staff and forums like this are absolutely invaluable! They can give you the support and direction you need when you need it most. And also. Be aware. This is a fight! You gained this weight over years. In my case all my life. It's a struggle but a good one, to lose it. Persevere and you will be triumphant! I love the new me. I like the new me ... and gosh darn it. I'M HAPPY AGAIN!

Congratulations! What is Chiake?

Congratulations! What is Chiake?

CHIAKE I'm not sure on the spelling is the whey Protein shakes they had me on for 2 weeks prior to my surgery. To me it tasted horrible. To my sister Holly Forcier who was just banded 2 weeks ago it made her sick. So something about it wasn't setting right I guess. I got through it and so did she. But it wasn't easy.

Tim

CHIAKE I'm not sure on the spelling is the whey Protein shakes they had me on for 2 weeks prior to my surgery. To me it tasted horrible. To my sister Holly Forcier who was just banded 2 weeks ago it made her sick. So something about it wasn't setting right I guess. I got through it and so did she. But it wasn't easy.

Tim

Ohhhh... so it's a brand of Protein Shakes? It definitely helps bandsters to find a shake they like and can stomach! Congrats again!

Thank you for the encouragement, I am getting banded this FRIDAY!!!!! I still can't believe it is happening just does not seem real.

Theresa

Hi ! I am Timothy Greenwood. I was banded March of 2011 and have lost over 70 pounds. I am so happy I stuck to my guns and got this procedure done. I cannot recommend it highly enough to EVERYONE! Dr. DiCicco was my surgeon. He has been so supportive and helpful in all ways. I struggled with the Chiake (SP?) at the beginning and just went hungry but since I've been rolling along. I just had my band tightened a month and a half ago and the doctor is right. That's when the game changes. I thank GOD every day for the courage and support I received to go through with this. And for regaining my life. And control of my life. It's my race to win or lose now. If I can support anyone please let me know. I'm just so excited it's been nothing but a positive experience for me and I pray will continue to be so as I progress. I know I have a long way to go yet, but I WILL MAKE IT!

Timothy Greenwood

Thanks for the advice!

Best Advice I can give? DO WHAT THE DOCTOR SAYS. :rolleyes: If they say JUMP! Ask HOW HIGH? I struggled a little bit at first and just tried to tough it out. But after a few phone calls I realized help is there and the docs are there to give it. My doctor's staff and forums like this are absolutely invaluable! They can give you the support and direction you need when you need it most. And also. Be aware. This is a fight! You gained this weight over years. In my case all my life. It's a struggle but a good one, to lose it. Persevere and you will be triumphant! I love the new me. I like the new me ... and gosh darn it. I'M HAPPY AGAIN!

Congrats on the weight loss. I am heading to my orientation meeting in a few weeks and am excited to progress from there.

It certainly will soon :) It sure seemed like a bubble was going to burst to me at times. I was just worried something.. anything .. would change. BUT NO. Everything went according to plan and voila! I had my moment ... my lapband and things have been great since. Just keep that positive outlook and keep focusing on the good things. It will be so great you won't believe it!

TIM

Congratulations to you Tim!! Would love to see pics of the old and new you. I was just banded on the 8th of June (2 days ago). The shakes they had me on were pretty good...I went through True Results. After the surgery, they told be to do the Atkins or EAS shakes. I am doing the Atkins and they are not bad, kind of like a thick chocolate shake. I know you are probably past that now, but for someone who is not you might try the Atkins shakes. It is encouraging to hear how much you have lost, I can't wait to be there too!! Congrats again!!

CHIAKE I'm not sure on the spelling is the whey Protein Shakes they had me on for 2 weeks prior to my surgery. To me it tasted horrible. To my sister Holly Forcier who was just banded 2 weeks ago it made her sick. So something about it wasn't setting right I guess. I got through it and so did she. But it wasn't easy.

Tim

Congratulations to you Tim!! Would love to see pics of the old and new you. I was just banded on the 8th of June (2 days ago). The shakes they had me on were pretty good...I went through True Results. After the surgery, they told be to do the Atkins or EAS shakes. I am doing the Atkins and they are not bad, kind of like a thick chocolate shake. I know you are probably past that now, but for someone who is not you might try the Atkins shakes. It is encouraging to hear how much you have lost, I can't wait to be there too!! Congrats again!!

Yeah I went through Pasco Surgical Associates. You MUST buy your shakes through them and they are Chiake Brand. Wasn't pleasant. BUT I did persevere. I am through that phase now and have even had my first fill and 2nd follow up post fill. Doing so good. There are rough Patches like in everything in life, but the benefits have so outweighed the negatives. SO I am happy!

This is good news...now I know what I have to look forward to. My first fill is on July 5th. He did put a little saline in my band at the time of surgery so hopefully that will chase away the hungries!! Still feeling a little bloated, but hopefully that will pass. I know I need to walk more... I am so happy for you, keep me posted and I will do the same!!

Yeah I went through Pasco Surgical Associates. You MUST buy your shakes through them and they are Chiake Brand. Wasn't pleasant. BUT I did persevere. I am through that phase now and have even had my first fill and 2nd follow up post fill. Doing so good. There are rough Patches like in everything in life, but the benefits have so outweighed the negatives. SO I am happy!