Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lapband fill today they put 5 cc

i had my first band fill today ! and i feel so hungry liquids do not even fill me up ! is this normal ?

my very first fill was 4ccs and it took until my 4th fill before I finally started feeling restriction. It is very normal!

I had my first fill yesterday. I

have strictly followed every instruction the Dr. has given me...but, today I am starving. My doctor waits for another 4 weeks before the next fill. I am only down 10 lbs from the beginning (banded April 27th) and most of that weigh loss was pre-surgical.

This morning 7:00 AM I had a Protein drink (staying on liquids till tomorrow when I can graduate to soups) and again at 11:00 AM. I drink the Muscle Milk Light chocolate.

Tips on getting through this would be appreciated?

I had my first fill (5cc) a few days ago and felt the restriction right away. After a few days now it's not as bad but definetly better than the standard 2.5 cc I had in there from Surgery. 7.5 cc is working for me pretty good right now. I noticed my hunger subsiding thankfully.

Have you been drinking lots of Water? Did they tell you how many cc's were in the band before you got your fill?

fills are tricky all of mine i did not feal anything right away. after a few day i would have restriction. some say this is normal. i started with 3cc in my band at surgery. had .5cc until i was suppose to have 6cc. still hungry after a week or two. So the doc took out all the Fluid out of my band to see how much was actually in my band. he only took out 5cc. WTF well he said he has heard there is some time an evaporation of fluid at times. so he put in an additional full cc making a total of 6.5cc. i was not able to eat anything more than cotage cheese. went back in a week and he took out .5cc total 6cc. two weeks later restriction eventually lessoned and he put back .25cc. 6.25total. Had good restriction after that. two weeks later flew from san antonio to tampa for a week. during this week had no problem eating just about anything. could even eat almost a whole 12oz ribeye. Got on the plane came back home and now have so much restriction that some food i get to see again BP. Trying to hold out due also starting my cycle. Harmones play a part in restriction too.

PaulaSA

230/181/150

blk-weight.png

thanks guys ! i still feel hungry but this monday i go for my second fill ! i been fighting my hunger !,

they had nothing in there after surgery !

I had my first fill (5cc) a few days ago and felt the restriction right away. After a few days now it's not as bad but definetly better than the standard 2.5 cc I had in there from Surgery. 7.5 cc is working for me pretty good right now. I noticed my hunger subsiding thankfully.

Have you been drinking lots of Water? Did they tell you how many cc's were in the band before you got your fill?

when do you get the first fill after surgery???