Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi there,

I just learned about this website and thought I'd give it a look. I had my surgery 2 months ago. My husband and I actualy did the surgery together. He had his 2 weeks before I had mine. He's doing really well with a loss of 40 lbs since the end of March. I on the other hand am only down about 23 lbs since April 12th. I'm happy with that loss, but wishing things were moving a litte faster. I've been struggling with hunger since the day after surgery, where my husband has not. I've had one fill to which I didn't notice a change at all. I have my 2nd fill this week and am hoping that makes a difference. Our surgeon doesn't put anything in the band the 1st month. Not sure if that's standard. Then at my 1st fill I only got 2 cc's. I think they said we could only get 2 cc's at a time. ?? Anyway hopefull that the next one helps. I've had no problems with anything I've eaten. No spit ups or anything. So I guess I'm hear hoping to learn from the rest of you. I haven't started an exercise program yet. Just having trouble making the time and motivation still lacking.

You and your husband really need to start an exercise regiment together. It makes it a lot easier when you're doing it with somebody else. And hopefully you guys will motivate each other.

First of all, don't compare your weight loss to your husband's...not only do men and women lose weight differently but everyone's journey is unique. He appears to be one of the lucky ones who feels some sort of restriction just from placement of the band, not everyone does. As far as fills go, different surgeons do things differently...I didn't have any fill in my band at the time of surgery and my surgeon doesn't give the first fill until 6 weeks after surgery. You may take several fills to get to the point where you feel proper restriction so until that happens, my suggestion would be to plan your meals, weigh and measure your foods to control portion sizes, and make everything you eat protein-focused (even snacks). Track your Protein and calories to make sure you are eating enough and definately start exercising with your husband. I started out with some short walks a few times a week with my husband...it quickly became one of my favorite times of the day because we could just spend time together and talk about whatever without distractions.

Good luck!

Hi everyone, my name is gwl and I had my lap band in july of last year 2010. My doctor is Dr. Edward Lin in Atlanta, Ga. I have lost 40 lbs. My goal is 150 lbs. I had two fill last year total of 4cc. I can't eat beef, bread, chicken sometimes, cook spinach but I can eat raw spinach. To put it a nut shell I can't tolerate food much. My diet consist of fruit, plenty of walnuts (put walnuts on everything) the only way my food will go down. Love greek yogart mix with plenty of walnuts. I gain 5 lbs this month and all I ate was my yogart and nuts 3 x a day and grapefruit for a snack. I decide not to eat greek yogart for a while but still eats my nuts. I am disappointed because I have not met my goal. sticking to my diet no sweet, soda, fried food nor fatted food since my surgery. I realize that I need to exercise more and move. I hate I told my friends about my surgery because that's where all their focus appears to be on me and my weight. Kiml listen to Sandworms and vickyd they have given you some very good advices.

IMHO, you aren't eating enough. Eating too little will impact your weight loss as much as eating too much. If you are that tight you should consider an unfill.

Hi everyone, my name is gwl and I had my lap band in july of last year 2010. My doctor is Dr. Edward Lin in Atlanta, Ga. I have lost 40 lbs. My goal is 150 lbs. I had two fill last year total of 4cc. I can't eat beef, bread, chicken sometimes, cook spinach but I can eat raw spinach. To put it a nut shell I can't tolerate food much. My diet consist of fruit, plenty of walnuts (put walnuts on everything) the only way my food will go down. Love greek yogart mix with plenty of walnuts. I gain 5 lbs this month and all I ate was my yogart and nuts 3 x a day and grapefruit for a snack. I decide not to eat greek yogart for a while but still eats my nuts. I am disappointed because I have not met my goal. sticking to my diet no sweet, soda, fried food nor fatted food since my surgery. I realize that I need to exercise more and move. I hate I told my friends about my surgery because that's where all their focus appears to be on me and my weight. Kiml listen to Sandworms and vickyd they have given you some very good advices.

I am not tight. the problem is when I eat solid food it gets stuck and comes back up. so I choose to not eat to much of solid food. soft and crunches foods works best for me. Plus I get tired of people asking me am I alright. I sat close by the bathrm when I go out to dinner. There.'s time I can eat a whole meal with no problem and there's time I can't. So I am learning what to eat and what not to eat .I do agree with you that I am not eating enough at times and that's why my weight loss is at a stand still.