Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I had the band surgery in mid February, since then I have had two fills. Even with the two fills I am not feeling any restriction. I haven't lost a single pound in fact I may have gained a couple even! I called the clinic and they told me that it takes 2-4 fills to reach the "sweet spot"

I am so frustrated, depressed and angry.. is this happened or happening to anyone else?

Oh yes, it happened to me, also to lots of people from reading posts. You are in what is affectionatley known as "bandster hell". It's the time between surgery and when you get restriction. Hang in there! 3 seems to be the magic number for lots of people, it was for me. Right now, I would focus on eating the right foods (low carb, low fat, high protien) even if your portions are larger than they will be once you have restriction. Also, excersise would be great, if your not already. It has so many benefits, just one being weight loss. Start out slow (just a light walk for example) and gradually increase your intensity/duration. It's so tough to start, at least it was for me, but it will become a matter of routine. 3-4 days a week would be awsome.

Yes, welcome to bandster hell...it is such a miserable place to be, but we have ALL been there! You have to be diligent with getting your fills and you WILL get out of there, I promise! I have found if you call your doctor's office 4-5 days after a fill and tell them you have no change in restriction a lot of times they will schedule you to come in sooner for another one....don't be shy in asking for what you need to! Unfortunately until you get to a place where you feel true restriction you will feel as if this is a diet and it is SO not fun....but please know we are here to support you, anger, frustration...we have ALL been there and understand what you are feeling!

I am "only" 10 lbs or so from my goal....but I have been going up and down 2-3 lbs for months now...which has totally frustrated me to no end! But I know it is the choices I am making in my foods and splurging too much with birthdays, etc...so I have to buckle down and get to exercising, too! Do what you can to make small changes....they will add up! :rolleyes:

Thank You for posting, that is me also "bandster hell" Surgery was april 13th i feel like all my friends family and co workers watch me like a hawk and just keep waiting for something to happen.i have been feeling like such a failure, i had a fill done by flouro two weeks ago thinking that would make all the difference but honesty i feel less constricted, i have appt monday to get anouther fill done in office, then i have anouther appt two weeks later, keeping my fingers crossed. i have been eating only baked meat small veg no soda and excercising and i weight exactly the same as the day i went in for surgery. i did loose 20lb on the pre-op stuff. good thing is.. that havnt gained. soooo knowing im not alone has helped ALOT! ill watch your post for updates. stay strong my friend and i will do the same. NOT GIVING UP!

I know how you feel. I have family visiting from out of the country and my uncle and aunt told me that the surgery is obviously not working as you look the samew. I feel like my family thinks it was a waste to get this surgery and that I have failed once again. I am still optimistic however, after reading the responses that the next couple of fills will do it.

Thank You for posting, that is me also "bandster hell" Surgery was april 13th i feel like all my friends family and co workers watch me like a hawk and just keep waiting for something to happen.i have been feeling like such a failure, i had a fill done by flouro two weeks ago thinking that would make all the difference but honesty i feel less constricted, i have appt monday to get anouther fill done in office, then i have anouther appt two weeks later, keeping my fingers crossed. i have been eating only baked meat small veg no soda and excercising and i weight exactly the same as the day i went in for surgery. i did loose 20lb on the pre-op stuff. good thing is.. that havnt gained. soooo knowing im not alone has helped ALOT! ill watch your post for updates. stay strong my friend and i will do the same. NOT GIVING UP!